LaunchBox Community Forums

Zips in Retroarch Some Consoles Work Others Don't

GuroDragon

How do I get retro Arch to open 7zipped games better?

Some consoles using retroarch via Launchbox with zips work and others do not.

Check list

-Associate Platform section is character perfect

-Command-line sections is pointing to the correct core

-Extract Rom archives is checked

-Games work in Retroarch Zipped

-Games will open in Launch Box using Retroarch unzipped

But games do not open in Launch Box using Retroarch zipped

Any solutions?

Edited by GuroDragon

The zip files work when I open them in retroarch, but not launch box.

I am trying this for the Turbografx -16 with mednafen_pce_fast but I have this problem with the Atari Lynx and Handy.

Like I said the associated platforms are name correctly.

Here are a couple screen grabs, if something is wrong please do tell!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by GuroDragon

If your games run zipped in RA try unchecking the Extract ROM archive box in LB. For your platform name does TurboGrafx-16 match what you named your platform in LB the Associated Platform form name has to match the name in the Side Bar (platform list on the left)

Edited by DOS76

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem trying to run genesis games using the Pico core in retroarch.  I can load the content manually through retroarch, though I have to navigate to a file inside the zip folder which is one layer deeper then LB is pointing to...  any suggestions?

I tried unzipping the folder and importing the .gen file directly, but LB does not recognize it.

I am very new to this so it is likely that I am just making a simple mistake here.

I have Retroarch set as my default genesis emulator.  Since I have retroarch and it supports genesis I saw no good reason not to use this.. 

Retroarch does not have a core for gx plus so I loaded the Pico core.  Again I can get the game to load in retroarch using pico, but I can not link through launchbox - when I try nothing happens.  I don't load retroarch, I don't get a black screen, the cursor spins for a second like it tried, then nothing. 

RetroArch most certainly should have a genesis gx core available in the online updater. The reason it doesn't work is because LB is sending RA the command to use -L "cores\_genesis_gx_Plus_lilbretro.dll" and if you want to use PicoDrive you have to change the line to read -L "cores\picodrive_libretro.dll" in order to get it to launch. To change this setting go to tools Manage Emulators select RetroArch and select edit when the new form opens go to the Associated Platform tab there and change the information.