LaunchBox Community Forums

Super Famicom Artwork absolutely incomplete

AllShallEnd

Hello,

So far so good, I've completely understood Retroarch and the roms installation. Even managed to make a separate "wheel" for Super Famicom.

I'm scraping all the Super Famicom (Japanese SNES Games) from emumovies and launchbox db and so many covers are incomplete. I'm using the no-intro collection.

Can anyone tell me, how to get it scraped correctly and moreover, how to fix boxart myself? (the latter is only worst case scenario).

Thanks so much.

Other than that: Awesome work so far... SLOWLY but surely building up my collection. I'm curious how it will perform, once it gets to the more exotic emulators like taito type x and nesica, etc.

You don't get stuff for some of the Super Famicom games because it simply doesn't exist in the database so until it is added you will have to get your own or wait for it to be completed. To add your own art you have to 1st source the art from the internet then add it to your Image folder under the appropriate platform under the appropriate image type. So as an example if you had a screen shot from a game that shows the title screen it would go in ..\LaunchBox\Images\SuperFamicom\Screenshots - Title Screens. If it was a box front it would go in ..\LaunchBox\Images\SuperFamicom\Box - Front.

• Like 1

Remember too, the Database is all under SNES, the Super Famicom platform is still a hold over, you'd actually find more info in the SNES platform actually. They're supposed to get merged, it just hasn't happened yet. If you want to help add to our Database: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wB80CH3zecXccfQ4Et8NxYa-G1bQuo7eo1YHvkYQ728/edit

Also, the platforms will be merged, we've already decided on this. If you don't want to combine all your games in to one platform (even though I and most people do, so that's a thought) you can create an unlimited amount of custom platforms. There might be a game or two as well in the Famicom category not in the SNES category, but the SNES category has more Japanese specific games now I believe.

• Like 1

This clarified a lot to me. Thanks so much.

I guess I will manually fix the boxarts in the end and leave everything together in one wheel (Thanks Brad). After all, we can still sort by region in big box ;-)

Thanks DOS and thanks CTRL for your replies. Helped me a lot. I shall help out with boxart when I start fixing things. Right now, I'm working on the functional side of Launch Box, getting it to work properly. After that, I'll do some beauty work.

Cheers

While I'm here,

1. Is there a view or explanation, what the scraping categories are in the launchbox and big box software?
    Boxart is pretty self explanatory but what about the fanart, etc.
  2. Any chance, when in Launch Box, not to show any background when clicking on the box arts and games? I really don't like the backgrounds. Any way to switch that off?

Thanks so much

In LaunchBox you can make these changes in the options, just explore around. Some of them are Premium only features, but if you have Big Box you obviously have access to that. So for example, in Tools -> Options -> Default Background, I have it set to use my desktop wallpaper, but there are lots of options. The other categories I thought were self explanatory myself. Fan Art is what it sounds like, Fan created Artwork. It generally has to do with Background artwork.

On 1/11/2017 at 0:37 PM, AllShallEnd said:

how to fix boxart myself? (the latter is only worst case scenario).

I have an FYI on media file naming that you may want to look at. You can, of course, go into each library entry and add the images directly but that's probably going to take longer than just putting appropriately-named images in the appropriate Launchbox folders. If you're doing boxart specifically it'd be Launchbox -> Images -> [specific platform] -> Box - Front or Box - Back.

For your specific issue though, "Scrape As" is going to be the first place to start as others have already mentioned. Even if you have separate platforms in your library for Super Nintendo and Super Famicom, you'll want it to scrape the Super Famicom games as Super Nintendo in our DB because that's the section that actually contains the Super Famicom games.

There are some games in the Super Famicom category though, which makes it annoying. I've had to manually scrape a few games, and the platform that pops up is Super Famicom, but the intention is for them to be merged. Overall, there are more Famicom games in the SNES platform, and the rest of the SNES games, in the SNES platform. There might even be duplicates.

I've solved the duplicate thing with 1G1R option. Used clrmamepro to slim down the romset based on my priorities (EU - USA - JP).

Basically, it did scan for duplicates and check those with the following: If the game is available as EU, delete the rest. If the game is available as USA, check if EU is available, delete the rest.  If not, use USA. And same for Japanese. therefore, I only have one Game per Rom ;-) All cleaned up.

I can make a tutorial, if interested.

Zombeaver, would you please be so kind and point me to that tutorial? I'm about to make some Clear Logos for Famicom Games myself. That way, I can exchange the graphics faster, I guess.

Also, with time, I might post the missing Clear Logos here. I understand, that it's far from complete and that definitely not everyone will be needing a clear logo from Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu (Happy New Year in Japanese!) but nevertheless, it will be available and hopefully someday implemented in who knows where. :-)