LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox can now successfully extract and run an archived WiiU game!!

jadekitten

• 5 years later...

Sorry to revive this old Thread, but I didn't know that Cemu could do that. I tried it and it works, but extracting large WiiU games before playing takes FOREVER. I would love to have a single compressed file for convenience and storage reasons, but it's not really usable if extracting takes too long. How do you guys play your WiiU games?

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 12:29 AM, SiriusVI said:

Sorry to revive this old Thread, but I didn't know that Cemu could do that. I tried it and it works, but extracting large WiiU games before playing takes FOREVER. I would love to have a single compressed file for convenience and storage reasons, but it's not really usable if extracting takes too long. How do you guys play your WiiU games?

The latest Cemu supported a new single compressed file format called WUA.

I converted all my wiiu games with dlc to wua format and it works great with Launchbox.

Edited by AshleyYan

4 minutes ago, AshleyYan said:

The latest Cemu supported a new single compressed file format called WUA.

I converted all my wiiu games with dlc to wua format and it works great with Launchbox.

What software did you use to convert extracted wiiu folders into wua, if I may ask?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, marcosgaming said:

Hi guys,

i'm converting all games in wua and i think it's best solution.

What is your favorite format games ? 1) Folders classic 2) code, meta, content folders 3) RPX 4)WUD 5)WUA

Bye bye

For WiiU, WUA is the best possible format by a mile. It doesn't just consolidate the games raw files + update + dlc into a single file, it also compresses it while doing so saving tons of space in the process.

Comparing WUA to the other options is like comparing a CHD to the original ISO or Bin/Cue they came from. The only reasons not to do it is if you are trying to maintain archive quality dumps at which point you aren't even decrypting them to use them.