LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroFresh - Big Box Theme

faeran

16 minutes ago, faeran said:

I thought about it, however, in order to implement it, I would have to change the way the background images work, and I haven't really found a suitable solution.

Would I be able to do it if I didn't use background images? I keep mine as just the simple black and charcoal colours.

megadrive.jpg

Edited by sw1fty808

4 hours ago, imdavid555 said:

i am having an issue where my Jpeg platform clear logos don't work in the games view. Converting to PNG resolves this problem. Anyone else run into this issue?

i circled the area where mine are missing.

RetroFresh.GameList.WheelLeft.jpg.a06e85477047e103fdb0b5dd95e39715.jpg

Unfortunately, the way it's coded, the clear logos will have to be PNG files.

On 3/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, sw1fty808 said:

Would I be able to do it if I didn't use background images? I keep mine as just the simple black and charcoal colours.

megadrive.jpg

Yes! I can put something together. Do you use retrofresh or retrofresh detailed?

2 hours ago, faeran said:

Try this one out. Let me know how it goes.

RetroFresh Detailed Stretch Video.zip

Absolutely perfect. I really appreciate this. My setup is now complete. That has been bugging me for the longest time. I should have asked sooner.
I look forward to seeing what you create next because this theme is perfection. Clean, elegant and defined with a perfectly arranged and balanced presentation of details and artwork. Bravo.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The only problem I'm having is this... My games list shows up with a black background but in your vertical view 1 it shows a blurred image which I want. Not sure how to implement this, where it is reading from, what images I need, etc. Any help appreciated.

38 minutes ago, sc0tt88 said:

The only problem I'm having is this... My games list shows up with a black background but in your vertical view 1 it shows a blurred image which I want. Not sure how to implement this, where it is reading from, what images I need, etc. Any help appreciated.

It uses fanart/background images from your library. Make sure you download that media for any game you would like to see it for.

26 minutes ago, faeran said:

It uses fanart/background images from your library. Make sure you download that media for any game you would like to see it for.

I see. Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to set it to something more readily available, like a gameplay screenshot? Just so that more of them would have an image. Not that it would matter so much because it's blurred anyway, I just want more of them coloured rather than black

20 minutes ago, sc0tt88 said:

I see. Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a way to set it to something more readily available, like a gameplay screenshot? Just so that more of them would have an image. Not that it would matter so much because it's blurred anyway, I just want more of them coloured rather than black

This is a setting you can choose in LaunchBox. Open the Options and go to Images > Background Priorities

Make sure it looks something like this, which uses Fanart Backgrounds first, and then Screenshot - Gameplay if no fanart background is found.

image.thumb.png.e2b892c5ef5ff6e9c56758535f128da5.png