LaunchBox Community Forums

ClassicMini

Grila

27 minutes ago, master333 said:

Thanks Grila, all seems working now in 7.5.

OK something else:

For my example below I am saying there are 3 views in BB:

1) Platform View

2) Games View 

3) Game Details View (optional - can have enabled or disabled via settings)

I usually have 'skip game details view' enabled for other themes (as other themes have the details on the games view screen like notes/description, last played, etc) but if it is enabled on yours I cannot access all that information on Game Details view as it just loads straight into the game.

I also cannot access full screen images of artwork and the back of the box unless I am in that game details view only.

Easy fix is to disable 'skip game details view' and then I see the Game Details page after selecting a game. 

As I am sure many of us have more than 1 theme installed and in use, it's annoying for pure laziness reasons to have to remember to switch that option when using different themes.

I need to ask @Jason Carr about having a button assigned to showing Game Details view on the controller from any screen. This would solve it.

Some food for thought!

Is there anything you could do regarding having access to fullscreen images at the Games View stage which only works at Games Details view?

Wishlist of things I would like to see in the future:

More views!

Video integration for platform views.

Bottom left of Platform view having the name of the console in it.

Fullscreen images access at games view

I have added a mockup of the Platform View screen with some of these ideas.

The more info toggle would be on both Platform and Games View and take you to a page like Game Details view for Platform and Games View even if you have it enabled to skip the page.

NESIMG.jpg

You can already bind to those views in the options...

Options > Controller Buttons > View Images , Flip Box, Show Game Details, etc.

Same for the keyboard key bindings.

So for example...I have "D" key bount to "Show Game Details", I can press "D" anywhere in any games view and it shows the details page. Same with fullscreen images, etc.

Edited by Grila

This is the best theme, it's simple, clean and fast.

The only thing I would change is using a thinner font for the settings screen.

Thanks. I'm actually considering changing the theme font to a more normal font. When I released it I was on the fence with keeping the current one since it's so wide and difficult to read on the menus. The more I look at it the more I want to change it. Also, the NES Classic uses a normal san-serif font in its GUI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I do like the effect for the game titles though, if there was a way to keep it for the game titles on the simple settings screen that would be neat.

Yeah, I can leave the platform and game names in the current one and change it elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more updates for this theme? It's my favorite one since it's so minimalist and functional.

Edit: Small Bug Report

1. You included the NES and SNES platform icons with your theme, so if you override it with your own in images/platforms/clear logo they don't show up. You might want to remove them or include a note.

Edited by systemlogoff
Bug reports.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, systemlogoff said:

Any more updates for this theme? It's my favorite one since it's so minimalist and functional.

Edit: Small Bug Report

1. You included the NES and SNES platform icons with your theme, so if you override it with your own in images/platforms/clear logo they don't show up. You might want to remove them or include a note.

I was trying to keep this as close to the actual NES Mini UI as possible, so I don't have any updates planned right now but I am open to suggestions and will consider. And thanks for the heads up about the clear logos, I forgot I put them there. Anyways, you can just delete the ones I have in the theme folder and yours will work.