LaunchBox Community Forums

Complete eXoDOS Collection 2.0 Import into Launchbox 7.5

I'm not sure if this will help anyone but this is how I got the eXoDOS 2.0 collection with all inform, images and play function into the current 7.5 version of LaunchBox.

The "Export to Launchbox" feature in MEAGRE does not work with Launch 6.0 and up (from what I know). This install only works if you have no DOS games currently installed, make sure to have your eXoDOS 2.0 collection folder in its permanent resting place before setting everything up.

If you have input please feel free I am a Noob.

1) Download the eXoDOS 2.0 collection

2) run the Setup eXoDOS.bat in the eXoDOS folder and complete the setup.

3) After the setup is complete run MEAGRE check that is everything is running, correct and all info and images are present

4) Download Mergre 2.5.2.3 from https://sites.google.com/site/meagrefrontend/download

5) Replace the MEAGRE.exe with the new 2.5.2.3 (the MEAGRE.exe from archive.org is the old version)

6) Download a copy of Launchbox 5.7 (this is the only version that worked for me)

7) Install Launchbox 5.7 in a temporary folder, make sure it works

9) Open MEAGRE from the MEAGRE.exe

10) With MEAGRE open Go to Edit>Export to Launchbox

11) Find the LaunchBox.xml in your Launchbox 5.7 folder click Open

12) After the import is complete go to your Launchbox 5.7 folder find the "LaunchBox.xml" right click edit, once open find (cltrl f) "ImagesReorganizedFor5" change the "<ImagesReorganizedFor5>true</ImagesReorganizedFor5>"  to  "<ImagesReorganizedFor5>false</ImagesReorganizedFor5>" and save.

13) Open Launch Box 5.7, the games, info and images should be present. If not Refresh the images.

14) Upgrade Launch Box 5.7 to the current version of Launchbox (right now it is 7.5)

15) Go to the now upgraded Launch Box 5.7 directory folder and under Data\Platforms folder move the DOS.xml and PC Booter.xml into your current version of Launchbox Data\Platforms folder.

16) Now go to the upgraded Launch Box 5.7 directory folder and go to the Images folder move the DOS and PC Booter folders into the Images folder in your current version of Launchbox.

17) Open your current 7.5 version of Launchbox and all 5193 games should be installed and working under the DOS and PC Booter PLATFORM. 

With me I left the dos games zipped and they worked great, not ever game has box art but all have at least screen caps and more than enough information for you to know if you want to try it out. If you to want avoid installing DOS games all day this is as easy as I think it can get.

Edited by GuroDragon
  • Like 2

It only works because that was before the XML split, however, going through the XML split all over again can cause some issues actually. So I would never suggest this being the course of action for most users. However, in this case, since this is the only way to easily get all of that info in to LaunchBox (for now), then I guess it does work. At least until eXo gets the new set going though. ;) Thank you for your method.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing about the split as Brad was but if you were to do this on its own install couldn't you then upgrade and get an MS-DOS platform sml that you could just drop into your current installs data folder and not really risk anything going bad with you what you have already worked on.

• Like 1

What's the chances that you'll zip up the images and send them to me?

I deleted meagre and everything else a while ago, all I have is the uninstalled zipped set. (I use rocketlauncher and it allows me to launch right from zips, so I actually imported the entire exodos set at roms and set RL as the emulator, but no media pulled). I don't want to redownload the entire exodos set, especially if as SentiBrad said, Exo is working on a new set. 

:D:D:D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to 5.7 and then updating is not suggested as it can cause some issues. You could probably minimize the issues if all you do is get the core stuff imported (the games and information). The XML split, while it obviously worked, did cause issues that were never fixed because the process should not happen much if at all anymore.

• 5 months later...