LaunchBox Community Forums

I think I broke bigbox

dmjohn0x

I think I broke bigbox. Im on Win10 64bit. I launched bigbox and my 360 controller wasnr working, so i went and enabled use controller in the options and noticed that under it I had an option that said use all controllers. I didnt know what this meant, so I thought I'd toggle it on and see. trying to toggle it froze bigbox. After a couple minutes I force closed it via task manager. Now starting bigbox infinitely loops the intro video until i forcibly close vlc and bigbox. Launchbox also freezes now when I goto options. I'm on v. 7.7beta. 

After much unsuccess, I found myself completely uninstalling launchbox and then reinstalling launchbox. The problem persists. Bigbox will not load.

1 minute ago, dmjohn0x said:

Naw. There was a process in the task manager, but i killed it. It just wouldnt stop spamming the intro video. But Launchbox would launch just fine. It was an odd issue and I have no idea why restart fixed it, but it did.

Yeah what I was saying is sometimes there is still a process running MUCH FURTHER DOWN. I assume you killed bigbox.exe which was right at the top of task manager??? Sometimes you need to scroll down task manager to see there is still something running.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah what I was saying is sometimes there is still a process running MUCH FURTHER DOWN. I assume you killed bigbox.exe which was right at the top of task manager??? Sometimes you need to scroll down task manager to see there is still something running.

No. It was much further down as it was using only 37mb ram and .03% cpu. I actively sook it out as I figured that was the case after my first failed launch.