LaunchBox Community Forums

I think I broke bigbox

dmjohn0x

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Hey guys, every once in a while we find a controller that blows things up. The question is, what controllers do you have attached @dmjohn0x? We've even discovered that a seriously crappy keyboard was acting as a game controller and causing problems at one point.

Legit 360 wireless controller on a chinese knockoff wireless dongle using official MS Drivers.

7 minutes ago, dmjohn0x said:

Legit 360 wireless controller on a chinese knockoff wireless dongle using official MS Drivers.

Gotcha; that is almost certainly the cause, I would think. It would be nice to get it fixed but I'd need the device to figure it out, and sadly I can't order 100 different Chinese knockoffs for testing.

1 minute ago, dmjohn0x said:

Also the controller runs flawlessly on win 10 with the official wireless driver. So it seems odd that'd be the case.

I have been using one for years with no issues. I have switched now but never caused a issue, threw the disc in the bin, and downloaded microsofts drivers.

• Like 1

If I don't have 'use all controllers' enabled, my BB will totally freeze (or freeze at launch) any time I power on my second xbox one usb wireless controller. I reported that before but I don't think Jason was able to reproduce it. Also, I use the real official microsoft usb wireless adapter for my genuine xbox controllers.

Edited by ckp