LaunchBox Community Forums

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT's Platform Theme Videos

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Ha ha, it's alright. I like corn! Sweet corn, Corn on the Cob.... Candy Corn... You name it. :D

That actually means a lot coming from you, though. I only have a "hobbyist" interest in doing things, but I won't deny that I would love to learn to do some of the cool effects that you and others (@Riffman81, @dcsdiver, @Grila, @Nyny77, to name a few) here manage to pull off. Lots of professional work being handed out for free!

I really appreciate that vote of confidence though because it is literally because of what you all do that made me want to try. So thank you.

• Like 2

Success my friend! I love the Super Game Boy vid! Nice work! I haven't had a chance to check out the others yet unfortunately. My baby girl is due to arrive in March so the wife and I are busy planning out the nursery and getting things ready for her. Time sure does fly by! Keep on doing your thing man, you already have my attention and if I can be of any help to you please don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to seeing more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Success my friend! I love the Super Game Boy vid! Nice work! I haven't had a chance to check out the others yet unfortunately. My baby girl is due to arrive in March so the wife and I are busy planning out the nursery and getting things ready for her. Time sure does fly by! Keep on doing your thing man, you already have my attention and if I can be of any help to you please don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to seeing more!

Cool man! And thank you for being so awesome! Big congrats on the newcomer to your family too!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The biggest thing I've learned is that "effects" aren't the above all. Don't get me wrong...Effects are cool, but in the long run you will garner the most satisfaction out of the most fundamental thing you can possibly do...

And that is making sure all of your images are crisp and the best that they can be.

Hopefully, that helps and makes sense....

[emoji23]

P.S.

Totally makes sense. I like to draw, so I have been tempted to purchase a Wacom and upgrade my Creative Cloud membership to access everything... but then I remind myself I'm just doing this as a hobby, so it's hard to validate the expense.

For some things though, finding art in good shape is difficult, so being able to redraw things would be nice.

Not sure... still have to mull it all over yet :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Took a small break from Amiga themes because I've been really wanting to do a Super Metroid theme, but will go back to it once I'm finished with that. While digging up some art for it, I came across some stuff I thought would make for a good Metroid: Rogue Dawn theme, so I have uploaded that here:

Very... sexy! [emoji23]nice job man! Love it!

• Like 1