LaunchBox Community Forums

Error while importing new games

flores9

Hi @Jason Carr I´m trying to import an already existing romset of my collection. (just for trying the new grouping option). In this case I´m importing the Neo geo Pocket Color (that I have complete in LB with the same romset and the same platform name. Then I uncheck all the options of the last window (import duplicates, group games, etc...), I click "next" and appears all the games to import (it´s strange, because I don´t check the "include duplicate option", would it show only new roms, isn´t it???). And finally click the last "next" button and crash.

error1.png

@Jason Carr after the crash window, the process continues normally.

I´ve dubts with the "force duplicates" check.  Does this process avoid duplicates from the actual import process? or from the existing roms for that platform that exist in LB?

I´m just trying to add roms from different regions (I deleted a few days before with the audit option), but the "scan for added roms" option doesn´t show the "force duplicates" check), so the only way to add the roms is with the import process, but I´n not sure how it works.

16 minutes ago, RemagOrter said:

Force duplicates does the oposite.

It forces the duplicate to be imported.

Sorry, my question would be " With the option checked, does this process force duplicates from the actual import process? or from the existing roms for that platform that exist in LB? "

For example, I´ve in my collection a rom called "batman (EUR).zip". What happens (with the "force duplicates" option checked) in a new import of a game called "batman (JAP).zip" (considering that the game / name in the BD is the same).

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This does not work currently when you already have your platform imported. You will have to do a whole new import for neo geo pocket color. When checked for a new import it will import (jap) and (eur) under one game entry.

@neil9000 but I am not talking about the new feature of grouping games. I only need to know if this check test a duplicate game looking for in the "new roms to be imported" or in the existing roms in the platforms?, or both?... or nowhere...

Thanks!

Hi there

I also have the exactly the same problem and errormessage as flores9 when I try to import some of my roms. I haven't been able to pinpoint a pattern, with some platforms it work, and some it don't

Particularly. it seems to be with Sega Saturn roms, and Sony Playstation (1) roms it fails.

I can see multiple people have created issue in the bugtracker about this problem

Hi @Jason Carr now works correctly. But I´m experiencing another possible issue.

I´m reupdating all the metadata and media of various platforms. And I noticed in the Playstation platform that not download all the media available, for example the videos. No videos are downloaded, and it´s possible that other things.

My proccess is, select all roms, tools / download metadata and images / search metadata on local DB / I checked all options in both next screens (LBDB and Emumovies) / Check to replace all existing metadata. 

But if I select only some games (1, 10, 100, ...) and repeat the proccess, it works correctly.

There is a way to view a log file to know what it happens?. I´m not experience this with other platforms.

ok... I tested to update media in packets, and I localized the error.

If I try to download metadata and media for the "V2000" game of PSX (alone or with other roms selected", the wizard doesn´t download any video.

But if I use the "richt click" / edit option, it download the video from emumovies.

I also tried to reimport this game, and the result is the same.

Any explanation?.