LaunchBox Community Forums

can not find chd in launchbox , but games work fine outside launchbox in mame it self

SvekkeRAFC

I am having trouble running mame games like Killer Instinct , the mortal kombat serie , Street fighter 3rd strike , sunset riders , all games with chd actually , I have the chd and the rom files because they run perfect outside launchbox . And as far as i know , i correctly entered the rom path. Any suggestions because i have been struggling for over three days now. 

2017-02-03 (1).png

20 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

My CHD games work well when you imported your ROMs did you move them into LB or leave them where they were?

at first i copied them to lb , but someone told me i better left them were they were, then i deleted them and imported them by leaving them were they are

Hi @SvekkeRAFC

I don't think that your issues are CHD related, as, while Killer Instinct and Street Fighter III 3rd Strike both use a CHD, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Sunset Riders do not.

The screenshot audit of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (when run via LaunchBox) you posted seems to indicate that all or nearly all of the files of umk3.zip needed by MAME for this game are either not found or incorrect.

As this game works for you when run directly from MAME, but not via LaunchBox. it might be worthwhile to compare the location of this game that Mame is using (it's own roms folder by your screenshot) with the location that LaunchBox is pointing to and see if they are different.

• Like 1

Hi @SvekkeRAFC

I've just noticed that the screenshot of your MAME roms folder has 2 CHD files. Ideally, CHD files should be put in subfolders within the roms folder named after the games that use them.

So kinst.chd should be moved into a folder named kinst
And cap-33s-2.chd should be moved into a folder called sfiii3

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, spycat said:

Hi @SvekkeRAFC

I've just noticed that the screenshot of your MAME roms folder has 2 CHD files. Ideally, CHD files should be put in subfolders within the roms folder named after the games that use them.

So kinst.chd should be moved into a folder named kinst
And cap-33s-2.chd should be moved into a folder called sfiii3

I tried that , but it didnt work.

I now downloaded the newest version of mame and created a new platform called arcade 2... All problems seem to be solved now except for ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. With this version it doesn't work at all. Not in LB , not when i try to play it in the new mame i installed. it only works when i start it in the older Mame. Also Windjammers is the other way around, i play it on the Arcade and Arcade 2 platform , in the old Mame, but it crashes in the new Mame i installed.

2017-02-05.png