LaunchBox Community Forums

missing big box exe location inside kodi

ResidentEvul13

it seems the more I progress the further I fall back.

I have everything I mean everything set up correctly but bigbox won't launch from kodi.

I found the issue the settings somehow messed up where big box application is located...

it's In C/user/me/launchbox but inside kodi my user file is missing so I can't locate big box exe.

to at a Superbowl party I was gonna demo all my hard work to family and friends but not with out big box set up correctly.

3 hours ago, ResidentEvul13 said:

it seems the more I progress the further I fall back.

I have everything I mean everything set up correctly but bigbox won't launch from kodi.

I found the issue the settings somehow messed up where big box application is located...

it's In C/user/me/launchbox but inside kodi my user file is missing so I can't locate big box exe.

to at a Superbowl party I was gonna demo all my hard work to family and friends but not with out big box set up correctly.

show some screenshots when you get around to it of the folder locations etc

6 hours ago, meshflesh said:

show some screenshots when you get around to it of the folder locations etc

main issue i that my user folder and windows folder or some how missing out of local Cand even if i choose to show hidden folders... kodi still doesn't recognize them at all.. so if i can get those 2 folders to reappear without forcing them to I CAN LOCATE BIGBOX EXE inside of LB folder and set the correct path through kodi so bb can open up from it

• 1 year later...

hi , i think im having the same error as the first post and i have tried evreythin but still get this error "could not find a part of the path c:/user/pc/launchbox/emulator/kodi.... so i cant do the import .. i go into the launchbox add on setting and look for the launchbox exe and cant find it (this is under kodi) any help would be appreciated )!

6 minutes ago, prescreta said:

yes

You don't add the .exe just the launchbox folder and it finds the .exe by itself. Here is a quote from the addon author in the support thread for this addon.

"In 1.5.0 and above, you just need to set your LaunchBox base directory (ie, A:\Launchbox\), it will not show the BigBox.exe as Kodi is selecting a folder now not a exe. This was noted in the release notes due to Kodi release rules (no binaries rule) and helped by LaunchBox's GPL conformance requirement by including autohotkey.exe instead of direct compiling AHK in LaunchBox itself. It is also stated in the configuration instructions on the download page. So I am hoping that will fix your issue if not please submit the logs and I will look into it. Thanks, "

I just tested myself and it works fine.

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You don't add the .exe just the launchbox folder and it finds the .exe by itself. Here is a quote from the addon author in the support thread for this addon.

"In 1.5.0 and above, you just need to set your LaunchBox base directory (ie, A:\Launchbox\), it will not show the BigBox.exe as Kodi is selecting a folder now not a exe. This was noted in the release notes due to Kodi release rules (no binaries rule) and helped by LaunchBox's GPL conformance requirement by including autohotkey.exe instead of direct compiling AHK in LaunchBox itself. It is also stated in the configuration instructions on the download page. So I am hoping that will fix your issue if not please submit the logs and I will look into it. Thanks, "

I just tested myself and it works fine.

yes you are right . i did it and found the exe. bigbox works perfectly but when i go back to launch box and still try to import media from kodi i get the same error "r "could not find a part of the path c:/user/pc/launchbox/emulator/kodi..." any ideas?.btw thank you for responding

Edited by prescreta

Hang on a minute, you are trying to import kodi into Launchbox? That is a different addon, the one I linked above is simply for launching Bigbox from Kodi nothing more. I think you are talking about this addon instead.

If that is the case, that is looking for a portable version of KODI located in Launchbox/Emulators folder, if your KODI is not portable and in that folder it wont work.

Just now, prescreta said:

wow thank you now i get what im doing wrong. sorry if i posted this in the wrong section, but thank you. correct me if im wrong . so the next step is to creat a portable version of kodi and add it to launch box as an emulator , correct?

You would create a portable kodi in Launchbox/Emulators and import all your movies and tv shows in KODI as normal. Then in launchbox go to tools/import and choose the option for importing from KODI.