LaunchBox Community Forums

My Setup with RocketLauncher (Fade & Universal Pause)

angelobodetti

Hi All,

This is a quick video of my BigBox setup. I have every platform setup to launch through RocketLauncher. Launching with RocketLauncher gets me:

• Fade in with custom frame and gif art for each platform and custom background for each game
  • Fade out with a "game over" message
  • Bezels for each system and in certain cases each game
  • Universal pause which brings me:
  1. ability to pause any game from any screen
  2. pull up manuals, guides, music, videos, and artwork directly from the pause menu

I also have 4 custom platforms - All games for that category regardless of platform

• Street Fighter Collection
  • Ninja Turtle Collection
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Mario Party

I definitely want to do more but the hardest part is finding an appropreate "platform" video that looks right.

Retrohumaniod has been a HUGE help with all of his media and tutorials to get the RocketLauncher stuff working. I recommend using LB follow him on YouTube and Twitter. His media is beautiful and he provides it all for free.

I am hoping to add more platform and bring more game themes into the fold. 

Edited by angelobodetti
  • Like 3

Yea just playlists. The media comes from the individual platforms. The main theme video is one of the bigbox theme videos for street fighter 2. 

Just scrape all of your media for bigbox theme videos and the recorded Hyperspin themes.

I wish I was better at creating media so I could make a proper platform video for street fighter. 

If you have any other questions let me know. 

• Like 1

I'm using dual Aimtraks. I've had nothing but trouble with them until very recently. This guy Chuck at Mavericks Arcade has put out a couple videos that really helped me figure out how to properly implement them in MAME. He uses Launchbox too BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbc3X2qFI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmjfwLuZ_X0&t=1s

There is also a program called Demulshooter that I messed around with a bit last night to get some Model2 games shooting 2 player properly as well as House of the Dead 3 PC which was giving me a lot of trouble. Stoked to get some more stuff set up on it this weekend, then I might make a tutorial on setting this stuff up and maybe post a lightgun playlist XML. I messed around with Troubleshooter and Troubleshooter2 but they either didn't work as advertised or were too hard to figure out how to set up. Demulshooter as far as I'm concerned is the way to go for setting up light guns.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...