LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox -> Rocketlauncher -> Retroarch | config for all different platforms.

avaris

Okay so, I used Launchbox --> Retroarch before but rocketlauncher offered a lot of nice features so i decided to give it ago. Forever later after i finally got it working properly i noticed i don't have custom configs for every console i'm using inside Retroarch (nintendo64, nes etc). So i looked through RocketLauncher and i found the "CLI Parameters" which i assume stand for something along the lines of 'command-line parameters'. Which is great, it's the same as the the option in launchbox called "Default Command-Line Parameters" where you put in your config source per console. Thing is i can't get it to work, the "command-line" i used in Launchbox was '-c "retroarch.cfg"' which takes the file from retroarch directory directly and puts them to use ('-c "config\retroarch.cfg"' is another example). Used the same command-line inside RocketLauncher but it doesn't use the config whenever i load up any game of that specific console in Launchbox.

Anyone know a way to get the custom config to work through RocketLauncher?

/ I know the text is bit scrumbled but honestly my experience with RocketLaunch is the same, really messy but of course a great utility.

// Also if i put this thread in the wrong forum section my bad - feel free to move it or w/e.

thanks in advance

Edited by avaris
  • Like 1

Solved this (kind of)

If anyone wants to know how i made 10x different copies of RetroArch and called each one retroarch - platform (e.g. retroarch - Nintendo Entertainment System). I redirected everything into the respective folder. It worked but definitely not the most efficient way.

Copied from the Rocketlaunch Retroarch module notes.

Config files:
; By default, the module looks for config files in a folder called config in the RetroArch folder. Example: C:\emus\RetroArch\config. You can change this folder to anything you like by changing the module's ConfigFolder setting in RocketLauncherUI.  This will be the config folder for the module and will NOT change the location of RetroArch's own /config directory.
; RetroArch's global config file is called "retroarch.cfg". RetroArch will use a system cfg file named to match your System Name (example: Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg).
; RetroArch will also load core config files named after the core name. Example: nestopia_libretro.cfg
; This allows different settings globally, for each system, and for each core. If you want all systems to use the same retroarch.cfg, do not have any system or core cfg files, only have the retroarch.cfg.
; If a core config exists, it takes precedence over the global config. And if a system config exists, it takes precedence over the core config.

I believe this will do exactly what you want with only one installation of Retroarch.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 2:50 PM, nikeymikey said:

Copied from the Rocketlaunch Retroarch module notes.

Config files:
; By default, the module looks for config files in a folder called config in the RetroArch folder. Example: C:\emus\RetroArch\config. You can change this folder to anything you like by changing the module's ConfigFolder setting in RocketLauncherUI.  This will be the config folder for the module and will NOT change the location of RetroArch's own /config directory.
; RetroArch's global config file is called "retroarch.cfg". RetroArch will use a system cfg file named to match your System Name (example: Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg).
; RetroArch will also load core config files named after the core name. Example: nestopia_libretro.cfg
; This allows different settings globally, for each system, and for each core. If you want all systems to use the same retroarch.cfg, do not have any system or core cfg files, only have the retroarch.cfg.
; If a core config exists, it takes precedence over the global config. And if a system config exists, it takes precedence over the core config.

I believe this will do exactly what you want with only one installation of Retroarch.

Awesome!  This fixed my problem.  :-) Thanks!

Edited by Ranthalion75