LaunchBox Community Forums

Setup CPS 3 with Retroarch

Wayne100

Today I started the whole process from the beginning with calm.
I tried again with the FBA sets (the last available) and work both with the only retroarch and with the retroarch under launchbox (previously I was wrong). The only thing that I noticed and that seems important to me is that when the amount of the games I do NOT have to preempt metadata from MAME, otherwise they do not start.
Last thing, now the games start but the game window has the resolution of the retroarch (640x480 with my settings). How can I have the same grandma / resolution I have with FBA (768x448)?

Thank you!

The MAME sets work (merged), the first time I was wrong, because I had renamed zip files with the first letter of the capitalized name. Then after several attempts I discovered that the sets work only with names with the first lowercase letter.
P.S. trying out the CPS-I sets I noticed that some * .nv files were created for some titles. What are? Can they be moved?
Thank you!

• 6 months later...
Just now, yasirkhan said:

Same problem here guys help me out I’m getting crazy now my roms work fine in RA but won’t start from LB any solution? 

What core are you using? Did you specify the correct core for Retroarch? What did you name the platform and did you name it the same in the associated platform tab for retroarch?

I

21 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What core are you using? Did you specify the correct core for Retroarch? What did you name the platform and did you name it the same in the associated platform tab for retroarch?

I’m using FBA yes and it works fine in retroarch followed ETA prime guide on YouTube cps1 and cps2 works fine 

9 minutes ago, yasirkhan said:

I

I’m using FBA yes and it works fine in retroarch followed ETA prime guide on YouTube cps1 and cps2 works fine 

If its working directly in retroarch then you have something wrong in launchbox. So as per my first response did you add CPS 3 as a associated platform and pick the correct core for it? Also that name there needs to exactly match what you called the platform in Launchbox. A screenshot of your retroarch associated platform tab with cps 3 showing would help greatly.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

If its working directly in retroarch then you have something wrong in launchbox. So as per my first response did you add CPS 3 as a associated platform and pick the correct core for it? Also that name there needs to exactly match what you called the platform in Launchbox. A screenshot of your retroarch associated platform tab with cps 3 showing would help greatly.

Ok I will that when I’m home.

7 hours ago, yasirkhan said:

Ok I will that when I’m home.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Here are some hope this helps 838134552_CPS31.thumb.jpg.f4d8a7cd5cbf90ecd13e3c5fc44dc28a.jpg164504920_CPS32.thumb.jpg.146766715faa429c37e00e6e81e8a63b.jpgCPS3.thumb.jpg.19ece602c260b88ccaf31796a366a181.jpg

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

you need a " at the end of the command line in your final image.

Love you mate thats how it is when you are a total noob :D but I blame ETA prime thats what i have downloaded from his video description..... 

Edited by yasirkhan

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Glad you got it sorted, thats why i asked for pics, its much easier to spot a error that way.

Lol i just downloaded that text file, and yes you are right he missed the " at the end. :) 

image.thumb.png.a507b322033e28947ca3daffdee1d5c6.png

I am pretty sure now most people who are complaining here is because of that missing " . Thanks a lot dear have a cheerful life TC

• 7 months later...