LaunchBox Community Forums

Wii remote on Dolphin

johnnyskullhead

• 2 weeks later...

My bad. It does operate in mode 4. It's just that I leave it in mode 1 when not using it as the instructions warn about overuse of the IR lights being constantly on in 4. I just forgot.

On a slightly related note, is there a way to get Dolphin to read my xbox controller as a wii classic pro when playing a wii game and not a gamecube controller?

12 minutes ago, Bedwyr said:

My bad. It does operate in mode 4. It's just that I leave it in mode 1 when not using it as the instructions warn about overuse of the IR lights being constantly on in 4. I just forgot.

On a slightly related note, is there a way to get Dolphin to read my xbox controller as a wii classic pro when playing a wii game and not a gamecube controller?

Yes you can use a controller as a classic, you need to set it up as a extension, see attached screenshot.

Screenshot (43).png

Still not completely following. I've got the actual Wiimote connected via "real Wiimote" which is unconfigurable. The other two options are emulated Wiimote and hybrid Wiimote. Is it possible to configure the XB1 controller to operate as the Classic Pro while still using the Wiimote otherwise?

A quick note regarding the Dolphinbar, make sure you turn it off when your not using it. My first one had it's LEDs wear out because it was always on when it's connected.
You can check if the LEDs are working by looking at the bar using the camera on a smartphone. There should be three purple-ish LEDs on either side of the bar, on my old one all of them on the right side died which made some games act really weird and twitchy.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:52 PM, polygonslayer said:

A quick note regarding the Dolphinbar, make sure you turn it off when your not using it. My first one had it's LEDs wear out because it was always on when it's connected.
You can check if the LEDs are working by looking at the bar using the camera on a smartphone. There should be three purple-ish LEDs on either side of the bar, on my old one all of them on the right side died which made some games act really weird and twitchy.

Oh,   Good advice,   I just ordered one.  I would have left it on 24/7.    However after I did a quick check online, the older versions of the dolphinbar can wear out teh IR lights fast.  Apparently they fix the issue with the V5 firmware update.     https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/08/23/dolphinbar-review/  

• 10 months later...