LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/Bigbox + MAME + ServoStik

FingerCramp

16 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

I have this exact same setup and it works great. 

I used to have the Mag-Stick Plus and never cared for it. I found the manual switching wasn't practical for visitors on my machine. With either the Servo stick or the Mag-Stick, although 4-way is an improvement, these aren't as good as a true 4-way stick. Having said that I don't have any issues using the Servo-stick in 4-way mode, but more demanding "power" users might. Also, some or the Arcade cores like mame2003plus and FBNeo have some improvements to help with 4-way mode as well.

Thanks guys, I guess my other concern at this point is how difficult it would be to retrofit the servostik to replace my iL Eurostick. I highly doubt the mounting holes would align perfectly, and then there's the issue of extra space available for the servo. Glad to hear it's possible though! I'll look more closely at the existing mounts and try to come up with a solution. Maybe I'll give the mame2003plus a try too in the meantime. I suppose if that works well enough with my current sticks I could have launchbox use RetroArch for the 4-way games and the latest MAME for everything else? I know I'll need to rebuild a set for that core to work correctly, but it's a slow week at work so I've got time, hah.