LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/Bigbox + MAME + ServoStik

FingerCramp

lol, feel free to stick around with any input you might have and hopefully some others can pop in with more help if they have some insight to this sort of stuff. This is all stuff I don't have any use for in my personal setup so everything I am saying is theoretical. I have not touched the Additional Apps section since I first started using SSF for Saturn and mounting CDs a while back but that was short lived and replaced.

Edit:
Looks like @Sithel has a possible solution as well.

This is probably one of those cases that could have a couple of ways of achieving the desired end result. I keep my setup extremely simple and a lot of these extra little features don't apply to me. 

• Like 1

Here's a video, not mine that a guy explains it some and talks about creating a bat file.And he also uses LaunchBox, so maybe he'll see this or ask him on youtube. I tried this method but it screws up my led blinky controls I have set, so the ahk to exe file works best for me.

• Like 1

Thanks again, @lordmonkus.  I can't wait to try all this out.  "Unfortunately" I'm just about to head out for a long vacation but I promise I'll report back when I get back to mess around with it.  I haven't actually installed the ServoStik into my controller board yet, and I think I need to get out the dremel to make it fit properly, so that'll all take some time.  But I wanted to make sure all this was doable before I start dremeling. :)

-Mike

• Like 1

Thanks, @neil9000 and @Sithel.

I'm looking forward to digging into this.

Like I said, I'm not afraid of some tedious manual configuration, but if @Jason Carr or someone knows a better way, I'm all ears.  Maybe there's a magical database out there mapping all MAME games/ROMs with whether they're best played with a 4-way or 8-way joystick that could assist...

-Mike

Just now, lordmonkus said:

I just thought that maybe because there was an SDK there might be something that could be done to add direct support like LED Blinky, sometime in the future though.

Yeah, certainly. I have to prioritize popular requested features (like the stuff from the last poll) over things like that, but yes, hopefully we'll get to a point eventually where it makes sense to start implementing more of those kinds of things. :)

1 minute ago, lordmonkus said:

Yeah I don't see those servo sticks being a common thing for users to warrant much time to programming support them.

Hopefully the Additional Apps or AHK script can be used to do it for now.

It may already be incorporated into mame? and therefore not need a lot of tinkering with.