LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist ideas

I'm really excited about this new feature, however, when I sat down to actually make my first playlist, I didn't really have any ideas for a playlist, since most of the games are sorted in logical order anyway ( either by year, system, how many players, genre, etc).

So, obviously i'd like to hear your suggestions and ideas for themed playlists!

Edited by proghodet

1 minute ago, proghodet said:

That's exactly my #firstworldproblem though - all my Zelda games (or Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, for that matter) are already sorted using the "Series" field.

But I hope to see more suggestions as the thread goes on.. ^_^

Lol, I'm redundant here then. lol. Personally I have never used the sort by series myself, and would hazard a guess a lot of other users don't either. It may not feel particularly creative for you personally but something like that may be a good start, get the new and inexperienced in early, then elaborate on playlists later. Just my personal thoughts. Glad you are enjoying the new feature though.

Yeah, i'm tinkering with it as we speak :) 

I do this with music playlists as well, instead of finding my own theme for a playlist, i'd rather use suggestions for themes or names from others, which i can make in to my own. I may be a drummer, a keyboard player and a programmer - but that's all my creative energy spent, haha :) I did a quick google search for game playlists, but guess what, only music playlists comes up! I guess that only proves once again that LaunchBox / BigBox stays one step ahead, and is awesome at being what it is.

That playlist suggestion sure is a start! :)

Well yeah bear in mind we have a lot of new users joining us and many of them are those bloody younguns I here so much about, and all though they are emulating snes for example, probably weren't born when snes was a thing. How about the best "insert number here" games that came out before you were born? lol. :) 

Hah! :D Well That's quite a few games as I were born in '89, but i still have played lots of Atari ST and arcade games made long before that. I am, fortunately old enough to have had both the NES (it became popular later in Scandinavia than in the US i think), SNES, Sega Master System and the PS1. Good times!

Just now, proghodet said:

Lightguns playlist is a great idea, however, I already have Lightun games as their own genre. Could call them shooter, but nooo. Own genre, I feel.
I actually have two aimtrak guns working with both MAME and PCSX2, as well as some PC games.

Reason I said that was most people, even those with full mame sets are on lcd or plasma screens, and light guns don't work on them, Its a great playlist if you can get it to work for you however. :)