LaunchBox Community Forums

WIP No Art Assets - Commodore 64

Lassiveran

Another preview of release 1.9.0 that features the Magazine Subset.  Fan Box fronts for this subset is now at 15 styles.  The Magazine logo I have tried to recreate in vector as close as possible and only with a few exceptions I included raster images within the templates.   I am working hard at trying to get this version out as soon as possible but with summer months and spending time with family development is slower than normal.    

59637393b9343_Preview2.thumb.png.460ad0b07a6954e074a3964c3966e9ad.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Preview of what is coming in 1.9.0 as it has been a couple weeks since version 1.8.0 release.

This is the last preview before release honestly. :)  I guess it is my little way of telling you I'm still moving along with the project as summer can be a very busy time.  In this preview you will notice some changes to existing covers.  Sometimes I can be my own worst critic but I feel the final result is better.  Also you will notice in this preview some real box covers.  If I happen to find a box cover for another system and not the c64 and it is not too time consuming I will try and change the box to reflect a c64 version.  This might not be the exact c64 cover but with none available making a pseudo facsimile I feel is better than my fan made version.    

Thanks for all the positive comments I have been receiving.  I does wonders for giving me the drive to handle a large project like this.

Cheers

Lassiveran

596e4a607787c_Preview3.thumb.png.29d2c3169fe01e1cf2267259d6a4d3d1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Version 1.9.0 has been released

• Added 482 Fan Made Box Fronts from # to Z from the Official Set. This includes error corrections with box fronts found in previous versions along with missing entries.
  • Added a 53 Box Fronts to the Text Adventure Subset comprising of 3 types of Fan-Made Box Fronts to represent Generic Text Adventures, Quill Text Adventures and AdventureWriter Text Adventures, 4 replica themed box fronts for The Guild, Free Spirit, CodeWriter, The 8th Day and Atlas Adventure Software.  Also includes a few Original Photo Edited and Fan Reconstructed Box Fronts.

These additions were done while I was working on the Magazine subset.  The Magazine subset which is comprised of approximately 697 magazine themed box fronts has also been finished but I will be releasing with version 2.0.  

Additional I would like to add any missing box fronts or correct any errors with existing releases. So please feel free to forward me any requests or corrections to info@nerdsmack.com and I will make sure to include them in release 2.0.

Edited by Lassiveran

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Lassiveran said:

I am putting the finishing touches on release 2.0 and should be released this weekend.

Moving forward what other platform is lacking in boxart that you would like to see me work on next?

Thanks for these, they are much appreciated. For purely selfish reasons I would love to see ZX Spectrum tackled, there is a distinct lack of images on our database, I have a lot of games with no boxart and no clear logos, and I only have a collection of 300 best spectrum games personally.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:09 AM, neil9000 said:

Thanks for these, they are much appreciated. For purely selfish reasons I would love to see ZX Spectrum tackled, there is a distinct lack of images on our database, I have a lot of games with no boxart and no clear logos, and I only have a collection of 300 best spectrum games personally.

Sinclair Spectrum ZX - Revision 1, I may tweak it a little then move forward with creating the missing box art.  If you have an ini file for the 300 titles, if they are missing box art I can included a variant to differentiate. 

5a024305b9efc_SinclairSpectrumZXrev1.thumb.png.04e3b938a7eb1163750118a2ffe789bb.png

Edited by Lassiveran
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lassiveran said:

Sinclair Spectrum ZX - Revision 1, I may tweak it a little then move forward with creating the missing box art.  If you have an ini file for the 300 titles, if they are missing box art I can included a variant to differentiate. 

5a024305b9efc_SinclairSpectrumZXrev1.thumb.png.04e3b938a7eb1163750118a2ffe789bb.png

Looking very nice. :) I look forward to seeing the end result. Unfortunately I don't have a ini for the games I have, it was just a "best of spectrum pack" I downloaded off the net to replace the full set I originally had. The full set had about 5000 games with a lot of shit included and the majority had no images at all on the database so I streamlined it down to that 300 best of. The best I could do is give you my Launchbox .xml for spectrum if that would be of any use to you?

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Looking very nice. :) I look forward to seeing the end result. Unfortunately I don't have a ini for the games I have, it was just a "best of spectrum pack" I downloaded off the net to replace the full set I originally had. The full set had about 5000 games with a lot of shit included and the majority had no images at all on the database so I streamlined it down to that 300 best of. The best I could do is give you my Launchbox .xml for spectrum if that would be of any use to you?

Thanks, if you wouldn't mind sending me the xml, I think I can put it to use.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Awesome, thanks so much. I have great affection for the spectrum but our database is severely lacking images. I would help myself but I have zero artistic talent, and have never used photoshop in my life. :) 

Thanks again.

My pleasure,  I will upload the Commodore 64 2.0 this weekend and move onto the Spectrum.  I will do any missing box art for the Top 300 first then push ahead to handle the others. 

I have fond memories of playing the Commodore 64 when I was a kid.  Included with 2.0 is a digital representation of one of my favourite games back in the day.  This will be included as a wallpaper and I will try and make a Bezel providing I can find a good tutorial.  Edit - Anyone know the location of a good tutorial.  I thought a simple google search would have pointed me in the right direction but I guess I have to do a little more digging.  I have also changed the Keys color to more of a matte look along with adding scanlines to the image.  The art is layered to accommodate Game Spine, Screenshot and Poster if the community is more partial to another offering.  I don't mind making a few for other nostalgic community members ;-) 5a0620f076efb_Commodore64-Memories.thumb.png.34b7da8cd8e5ddd15de5046698d91bc4.png 

Edited by Lassiveran

5a0904ad21e2a_LassiveransCommodore64Mediapack2.0Advertisement.thumb.png.4b61a871964672569f80e06d5fd04c3e.png2.0 has been released.  It has been a labour of love since back in March 2017 when I announced I would be working on this project.  I hope you all enjoy this as much as it has been a pleasure to give back to the community.  There will be a small update version 2.1, which will include the bezel I have been working on.  Other than that I will support this pack with bug fixes and any additions the community would like to see.  I now move on to the Sinclair Spectrum ZX.