LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting Launchbox to load different IPAC2 configurations

Hunchy

2 hours ago, stino2004 said:

do you have any examples of the AHK scripts you used to map the keyboard inputs into xinput?  I've been trying to use ipac profiles to switch between xinput and keyboard modes for my minipac but haven't been able to make it work.

Sorry I just use AHKs to remap to other keys, not XInputs.

I always leave my iPac in keyboard and don't have any games that strictly require XInput only. If so, I would just use my Wireless Xbox 360 controllers.

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to do the same thing.  I want to switch my MiniPac to Mode3 (x-input) to play Street Fighter V then switch back to keyboard mode when I exit the game.  When I switch the mode via command line, it doesn't work as expected.  The WiniPac utility still thinks it is in keyboard mode after so there is some disconnect.  Does it need to force the reconfigure of the devices?

Also, has anyone successfully mapped an "exit" hotkey while in X-input mode?  I hate having to go through the menu to exit back to BigBox.

I would be very grateful to anyone who can solve this.

Edited by jfree427

• 7 months later...

Ever find a solution? I have everything in my Arcade cabinet working great with an I-PAC ultimate in Keyboard mode, but I added in steam today and the Street Fighter V game. I do not want to have to remap everything in the cabinet but some of my keyboard inputs are not recognized in steam such as the ctr and alt keys. So I want to get launchbox to switch the I-PAC over to xinput user set and then back to default keyboard when I exit steam. 

• 1 month later...

I just got an I-PAC2 and wrestled with this too. For me keeping it in XInput mode, then mapping 2 button combinations for Pause, Exit, etc is working very well. Once I realised not to use the button that is mapped to shift in the WinIPAC software as one of the buttons. The button mapped to shift waits for the button to be released, which makes it not practical for using as a dual button press. Just make sure you map the button combos in Mame, LB and BB. Working well for me now :)