LaunchBox Community Forums

How do i remove the box with the console that's covering part of the video?

Harryham

Actually, I'm sorry, I don't think that option exists currently. I got it in my head that it did, I don't know how. It's still related to the Platform Banners, but you'll need to go in to LaunchBox and replace them with an empty (transparent) image, or go in to the ../LaunchBox/Image/Platforms/ folder, then in to the platforms you want to edit, so like "..\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\Sega Genesis\Banner\" and replace that file. Just deleting them wont work as they'll re-download automatically. I included a transparent 500x500 cube. Just rename it to the same name and replace the images with that.

Transparent 500x500.png

Editing a theme can be much more daunting for others though, and I would have no clue how to even start helping someone with that since I don't make themes. xD The other alternative is to also find a Theme (if you wanted something more than the default) that did away with those images.

• 10 months later...
On 18/04/2017 at 9:46 AM, CriticalCid said:

It’s actually very easy to remove the platform banners directly from the theme code.

I’m assuming that you are using the Default theme, so I went ahead and did a quick edit of it with no platform banners. Just extract it into your Themes folder and you should be good to go :)

Default - No Platform Banner.zip

This actually did not work for me. I downloaded your file but the banner still shows. Would you be so kind as to explain exactly what you did?

2 hours ago, Dane said:

This actually did not work for me. I downloaded your file but the banner still shows. Would you be so kind as to explain exactly what you did?

Also if you do want to do it that way, although there is no need as @Charco said, just drop that theme into the themes folder and switch to it like any other theme.