LaunchBox Community Forums

Kega fusion on windows 10

squeezyp123

• 6 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but it comes up in Google as number 1 for this problem. I also didn't find "Use Retroarch" to be a satisfying answer, thus, I bring a different solution.

In Windows 10, the first step is to right click fusion > properties > compatibility tab > check Override high DPI scaling behavior>set the drop down to "System" or "System Enhanced".

In Fusion, Video > Set Render Plugin > Scale x3 or Scale x4. Then set Video>Full Screen Resolution to whatever your monitor is.

Presto. No more error.

On a side note if this emulator does not close properly without exiting through the menu or doing a soft reset or something, it will NOT save your game on games that have the function built in, like Sonic 3.

I recommend this AutoHotKey script to thwart hardship and woe:

Esc::
Send +{TAB}
Sleep, 1000
WinClose, Fusion

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/27/2017 at 5:41 AM, irondragoon said:

In Fusion, Video > Set Render Plugin > Scale x3 or Scale x4. Then set Video>Full Screen Resolution to whatever your monitor is.

Sorry to revive this old thread but it will not let me highlight the Render Plugin option in Kega Fusion. My Kega Fusion was working just fine on Windows 10 up until a week ago and now I just cannot get it to work. It works via just the emulator. Though it will not launch from either LaunchBox or BigBox like it did previously. I just refuse to use Retroarch as the controls are absolutely a nightmare if you do not have something like a 360 or PS4 controller, I have the X-Arcade Tankstick and that is purely the reason that keeps me right away from Retroarch. Does anyone know what might be the issue with this Render Plugin option not being accessible?

I'm not sure but here are two things you can try doing go to the Kega.exe and right click it go to properties and under the compatibility tab turn off full screen optimization see if that does anything if not try turning off dpi scaling and if neither help I'm fresh out of ideas

6 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I'm not sure but here are two things you can try doing go to the Kega.exe and right click it go to properties and under the compatibility tab turn off full screen optimization see if that does anything if not try turning off dpi scaling and if neither help I'm fresh out of ideas

Thank you for your reply. 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' was already unchecked on my Kega Fusion > properties > compatibility tab. I do not see 'dpi scaling' anywhere in Kega Fusion properties or settings.

This is so weird but the SEGA Mega Drive (Translations) games launch but no other ones do and the settings are all the same for my other Genesis/Mega Drive categories:

image.thumb.png.4b9a5c41df7e26ff8f19652f4e3bc1e5.png

Actually, all my Mega Drive games are separated by region etc as you can see. All games are stored in their own folders and all are zipped. Would it make a difference if some are .bin and some are .md inside the zip files? As it seems now that only the .bin are opening (launching) but not the .md. I am wondering if there is a setting in Kega Fusion or LaunchBox that can say to open the .md.

Edited by Dane

3 hours ago, dragon57 said:

MD files are supported and should work fine under Kega, assuming the file set you have are good dumps. I'm also assuming you have the option checked to extract rom archives before running?

All the ROMs work fine via the emulator and were launching okay previously so I assume they are okay dumps. I do have the option checked to extract rom archives before running.

I'll attach some screen shots to see if anything stands out that I may have wrong:image.thumb.png.c8b0b43559ad7dd620782e4f2d525c83.png

image.thumb.png.4298b85e1074f3f19789246c63da2d9b.png

image.thumb.png.08db4db01a6e361af34408ccdf63146e.png

I was having some trouble with some of my SMS games but I discovered there were some JPEG files zipped in with the ROMs so I removed them and then they were fine. Though all my Genesis/MD games are just .bin or .md without any other files included in the .zip files they are in.

Edited by Dane

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

BUMP!!! SOLUTION HERE!!!

This is an easy fix as it has worked for me on multiple rigs for fusion.

Open your fusion 364 folder where the executable is located.

Open the fusion.cfg file.

In the "graphics compatibility options", locate the entry

Forcefullscreen32=0

Make it =1 and save it. Open fusion and voila! Full screen!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...