LaunchBox Community Forums

Scraping .exes as roms

percybuttkins

Hey there, odd request but I'm trying to get exes to scrape under a system. All the commands to run the rom are in the exe, but as I try to import rom it will not allow me to continue without an emulator location. 

The reason I would like to do this is that I am trying to get all my roms working with steam overlay. I have not been able to get gameproxy working and thus have had to take my roms and create bat files which are then converted to exes and then added to steam.

I then created desktop shortcuts for all the rom exes because it links to the steam address that pulls up steam overlay. The last step would be to import those shortcuts to LB so when it was launched it would pull up overlay. 

Any thoughts? Is there a way to set up a dummy emulator that effectively does nothing? Any help would be great 

Thanks! 

Import them and when it asks for an emulator just pick anything from your list of emulators, it will get changed. Once all your games are imported select all the games, right click and edit. This will bring up the bulk edit wizard, from the drop down menu choose emulator and leave the 2nd dropdown menu that appears blank. This will change all the games to not use any emulator and they will now launch the games like any shortcut file in Windows.