LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi Chris, yeah, the update is coming soon.  Whenever certain parts of the HTML or CSS of the pages being automated change, I'll need to update the plugin.  This next version coming out should be more resilient against some of the changes happening, and I should have the beta ready this afternoon/evening.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi UnderwoodNC, first off many thanks for making this helpful tool. I have been adding in a lot of missing information and media as I build my library, especially the arcade titles, so I'd love to use this to more efficiently contribute to the Games DB.

However, I have some issues trying to use the tool. Please confirm that my installation is correct: I've unzipped the archive to the Plugins folder of my Launchbox directory, so the structure is as follows on my machine:

C:\Emu\Launchbox\Plugins\AddToGamesDb\<files>

If my reading of the tool features is correct, the plugin should detect game information and/or media that exists on my local Launchbox database but not the Games DB. If I right-click on my first arcade title, 10-Yard Fight, I know that I have developer and publisher information which is not in the Games DB, but my only option is to add new images (see SS1.png).

If I right-click the option to add new images to the data base, Chrome (my default browser) opens and I'm taken to the Games DB login page (see SS2.png). I'm already logged in, but I try to login anyway and check "Remember Me." Once I login, I'm briefly taken to the "Add New Game" page before the browser closes (see SS3.png). This will happen for any game every time I login.

Can you please advise? I do have uBlock Origin installed in Chrome, but the main Launchbox site and Games DB site are both whitelisted. My log file is attached. Thanks!

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

AddToGamesDb.log

Hi UnderwoodNC, here's one more data point for you. I thought part of the problem could be the fact that I use non-standard platform names for my arcade games, which would be why the plugin is trying to add new games rather than update existing items in the DB. However, the issue also occurs when I try to use the plugin on games in my console platforms, which all use standard names. In any case, every game I'm trying to update is linked to its corresponding entry in the Games DB.

Hi all,

@Chris Kant, @massatomic, @letstalkaboutdune, @Ranthalion75 and @kmoney -- Thanks for your patience, I've updated the plugin to .NET 4.7 support to go along with the latest beta releases of LaunchBox and made some changes to restore automation.  Please let me know if this version works for you.  If so, I'll promote it to the next version for everyone.

Thanks,

Scott

AddToGamesDB.zip

• Like 1

@UnderwoodNC    I'm getting an error window from chromedriver.exe - No Disk  "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:" Have to click on retry or continue a few times for it to go away, the LaunchBox gives me this error: "Exception encountered when trying to get the default browser and load the WebDriver. Error details as follows: The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for http://localhost:56411/session timed out after 60 seconds."

Sometimes it will go through anyway, and sometimes it won't.

Edited by Ranthalion75

@UnderwoodNC I just tested out the new update and it does not give me the same problem as before as I can get a little further into the game submission but I did get a error at the end and the game did not submit. I am submitting a new Windows game and the error I got at the end was (Cannot locate element with text:Steam Banner)

Hi UnderwoodNC,

Thanks for your work on this, unfortunately I am having trouble with the new version as well. Launchbox now crashes when I try to submit any updates, and the web browser froze after I attempted to login.

One thing I notice in the log file is that the plugin tries to submit a new game entry for all of my arcade games, since I have non-standard platform names. Is it possible for the plugin to check the "Scrape As" platform instead, or to directly update the GamesDB entry which is already linked to each title?

AddToGamesDb.log

Hi @letstalkaboutdune great find!  There does indeed seem to be an issue with non-standard profile names.  I'm not sure if it's in the plugin, or elsewhere, so I'll look into that.

@Ranthalion75 Try deleting the History file in AddToGamesDb/Profile.  It sounds like the Chrome driver that Selenium uses is looking for a file that was downloaded to a removable or unmounted drive.  Either deleting the enter contents of the Profile folder, or just deleting the History file should fix it.

@kmoney It sounds like support was added for Steam Banner, I'll get that integrated into the plugin and have another update ready in just a moment.

Edited by UnderwoodNC
  • Like 1

Okay all, another update ready -- I'm working on platforms with custom names being recognized, there's something going on with "Scrape As" that I'm checking out -- in the meantime, if it's a custom platform name, a pop-up message will show up asking you to manually select the platform and click the Add Game button.  After that, automation will take over again.

I've also added a check to skip any Image Types that are not yet supported in the form.  So, for now, if you have a Steam Banner image, it will skip that since that image type option is not yet available in the form.  If there are any other image types that aren't in the form, it'll skip those as well.  That's what was triggering the "Cannot locate element with text:Steam Banner" error.  

Awesome news, @Ranthalion75!  Glad it's working now.  I'm not sure why it's not picking up the other genres, publishers and developers when there are multiple.  It's working in the games I'm submitting here, but I'll keep an eye on it.

@letstalkaboutdune and @kmoney please let me know if this resolves the issues you were having, and I'll get this version promoted to the latest release.  Thanks for your patience!

AddToGamesDB.zip

• Like 2