LaunchBox Community Forums

9 hours ago, erebus44 said:

I just tried your new version and the release date didn't work. I saw the website say it was an invalid date and when I went to look at my submission it said the release date was 2018, not 1996 like it should be. 

I often had this problem, too. but I thought it was something I did wrong.

• 1 month later...

Like erebus44 and Chris Kant, I have a similar issue with mystery release dates being input when the script runs.  I have recently had the issue with two submissions (Dark Castle, Beyond the Dark Castle, for Apple Mac OS) where the release date was not input with what was in LB but instead inserted "2018".  Both games were already in the system so just doing updates (mostly images).  I saw it momentarily pop up when it was running the script but thought it was just my imagination.  I then went back and looked at the moderation list and it had sent a change to update what was the correct date of 1986 to 2018.  At first I thought I had a typo on my part but I went back and looked in LB it was correct year of 1986. It also did it on another game I submitted the the next night and I made sure the date was correct before starting the script.  The only date I have in LB for those two games that is "2018" was the "last played" date so not sure if it is getting mixed up.   The moderation's got approved so it wound up changing a correct release date with an incorrect one.  I manually submitted a change to fix.  I would test more but don't want to pollute the DB with bogus dates.  I wish there was a way to stop/reject own submissions in the DB (not just for the plugin but for manual as well). 

Note: I have the most recent plugin version installed.

Edited by sundogak
added note on version of plugin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, TheRhysWyrill said:

Just wondering if this plugin will be getting updated for Launchbox.Next? It works perfectly fine with the OG Launchbox layout but the next official release of Launchbox will only be using the new layout.

I was wondering the same thing. 8.6 got rid of the OG layout, so I cant even work around it.

• 1 month later...

When i rightclick a game, the plugin options are greyed out.
Here's the log file
AddToGamesDb.log

Capture.PNG

Edit:
Upon further testing i found out that the .xml file won't open in internet explorer nor microsoft edge for some reason. It will however open in both sublime and Chrome, but those apps can't be set as standard apps :S
Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do?

Edit 2: Upon updating the file to show a more detailed log, this is the log i got

2018-10-25 23:21:34.1571 Error --------------

Call Site: AddToGamesDB.AddToGamesDbPlugin.GetIsValidForGame
 Exception Type: 
 Exception Message: 
 Stack Trace: 
 Additional Info: An error occurred loading the Metadata.xml file.

2018-10-25 23:21:34.1571 ERROR An error occurred loading the Metadata.xml file.
2018-10-25 23:21:34.1571 DEBUG Could not deserialize object of type LaunchBoxPlugins.Data.Entities.Metadata.LaunchBox from F:\LaunchBox\Metadata\Metadata.xml
2018-10-25 23:21:34.1571 DEBUG    at Common.Utilities.ConfigurationMapper`1.Load(ConfigFileType type, String path)
   at AddToGamesDB.AddToGamesDbPlugin.GetIsValidForGame(IGame selectedGame)

Edited by Hackiss
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, NatParable said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work fine for me. The only option that appears in the context menu is "Add new images to...", and never "Add Game to..." or "Update game in..." (regardless of whether the game is in the database or not).

Even though the context menu only ever says "Add new images to..." i assure you it works as intended, i just added a new game just to check whether it had broken as i hadn't used it in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, TheRhysWyrill said:

Even though the context menu only ever says "Add new images to..." i assure you it works as intended, i just added a new game just to check whether it had broken as i hadn't used it in a few days.

I was having the same issue, which is what prompted me to comment here.  I'm a bit confused.  If the context menu only says "add new images to", are we supposed to choose that if we only change something else?  I mainly downloaded this plugin to add additional genres/max player info without having to deal with the db website.

Edited by nonstatik
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nonstatik said:

I was having the same issue, which is what prompted me to comment here.  I'm a bit confused.  If the context menu only says "add new images to", are we supposed to choose that if we only change something else?  I mainly downloaded this plugin to add additional genres/max player info without having to deal with the db website.

Honestly i'm not 100% sure when it comes to adding information to existing entries, i usually just add to those manually, not sure if that functionality of this plugin is still working sadly, apologies for not being much help. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hello

I found a problem executing this plugin.

*Exeption encountered when trying to get the default browser and load the WebDriver. Error details as follow: unknown error: cannot find Chrome binary

(Driver info: chromedriver=2.43.600210

(68dcf5eebde37173d4027fa8635e332711d2874a),platform=Windows NT

10.0.19041 x86_64)*

any solutions?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this plugin needs an update, I gave it the latest chrome driver to work with and while it opens a chrome instance it seems to not being sending any data to the web browser like, even the url it's supposed to open. It will hang until I close the chrome instance and then will give me a message saying it assumes chrome has crashed. I could go get a stack trace if needed but I think it's pretty clear this just needs some updates from the developer given the last version is from 2018, but tbh I think this is sitting abandoned.

• 7 months later...