LaunchBox Community Forums

7.10 Beta 10 - Cannot create new platform:

Tj19

Since going into the new beta for launchbox I have been unable to add a new platform what so ever. If I create one for a know platform it claims to close off and add it however nothing is created, if I try again it states that a platform with the same name already exists. However as stated prior the platform list still doesn't show this, if anyone can help regarding this or a way to possible downgrade back to last stable release without losing my data that would be great.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

If you go in to Tools -> Manage Platforms, the platform is not there at all? And yes, you can downgrade without fear. Download the latest stable from the site again, or go in to your LaunchBox/Updates folder. They've just recently started to be labeled, but only recently during the last betas. So it would be easier to grab the latest stable from the site again. Just double click the installer, and install it on top of your current LB directory.

Thank you for confirming, I have checked in tools, manage platforms and they are still not present. I will look at downgrading to see if this resolves my issue,

Once again, thank you for the help and fast response! 

Of course, no problem. Let me know if that fixes the issue. I'm also going to CC @Jason Carr just in case, but if this does fix it, we should post the issue in the beta thread or in the BitBucket.

Edit: I also just created a new platform in the Manage Platform area though, and even after restarting it's still there.

I thought that if you added a platform via the manage platforms under tools it didn't display in the left sidebar until there were games added? Then when you go to import the games you can choose to add them to the platform you previously created. Guess i'm wrong though.

That can be done as well however None have been working for me and since I entered the beta certain platforms that were working prior refuse to boot the game, even thought the game is linked and the emulator which work flawlessly and did only until it was updated for myself.

Yes I have downgraded now and this seems to be working to a degree, whilst I cant see the platform once its created on the side I can however Import the roms then they become visible. 

So in the mean time this will have to suffice since it beats the alternative of being unable to add anymore platforms, games whatsoever. 

Thanks again!