LaunchBox Community Forums

USing a wheel with Sega Model 2

johnnyskullhead

Before you can configure your controls a game must be loaded first.  you will then navigate to the menu entry Game - Configure Controls...

to change the key assigned to an action, double click the row you want to change then press a button or key you want to assign for that action.  When you are done click close and your settings will be saved.  

Racing wheel setup

If you want to set up the controls for a steering wheel, check all 3 “Steering” “Accelerate” and “Brake” boxes in the emulator’s control configuration menu.  Double click each of them and enter their properties to ensure that the correct function in the drop down box matches the corresponding control you have entered. You may also need to ensure that you check “invert” for the “accelerate” and “brake” pedals when configuring them too otherwise they may not function correctly.

• 5 months later...

Im wondering this also. I just got a G29 with shifter. Got it working great with the settings in Supermodel and Logitech Gaming Software but its not working correctly in the Model 2 emulator. Where its supposed to accelerate only as much as you're pushing the pedal down, in the Model 2 emu the slightest press acts as a button and give it 100% throttle. This screws up playing something like Daytona USA when you want to drift and control speed. Dayonta USA 2 works great in Supermodel.

The key set up is minimal for Model 2 vs the Model 3 emulator. There's no telling it to use Y and Z axis..just sees it as joy 1 accelerator and joy 1 brake. Even with that I have to swap just so the correct pedals do what they're supposed to. 

Why bother supporting force feedback if you don't allow the correct key/wheel mapping?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 6:30 PM, vice350z said:

Im wondering this also. I just got a G29 with shifter. Got it working great with the settings in Supermodel and Logitech Gaming Software but its not working correctly in the Model 2 emulator. Where its supposed to accelerate only as much as you're pushing the pedal down, in the Model 2 emu the slightest press acts as a button and give it 100% throttle. This screws up playing something like Daytona USA when you want to drift and control speed. Dayonta USA 2 works great in Supermodel.

The key set up is minimal for Model 2 vs the Model 3 emulator. There's no telling it to use Y and Z axis..just sees it as joy 1 accelerator and joy 1 brake. Even with that I have to swap just so the correct pedals do what they're supposed to. 

Why bother supporting force feedback if you don't allow the correct key/wheel mapping?

I have the tecknoparriot emulator configured and it works well with the g29. if you want, I can share it with you

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sega Model 3 / Supermodel works great with a mouse, easy to edit INI file and configure. 

BUT - Model 2 (Nebula) Emulator has no option that I can see, has anyone every been able to get a spinner mouse (Ultimarc) type device to work with Model 2?

I open Daytona USA, then Game-Configure Controls, But under Steering, whether I check the box for Analog or not, it just defaults to "2 axis 8 button gamepad" and shows nothing else

I just want the mouse X Axis to be what is used

Stinks that they don't use an .ini file like Supermodel (Sega Model 3), 

I have played with the ini file in Model 2 folder, but that is just global settings like XInput and which mouse to assign to which player (if more than 1) 

But that does not seem to change anything

Thanks for any help!

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2020 at 12:18 AM, azz09 said:

Sega Model 3 / Supermodel works great with a mouse, easy to edit INI file and configure. 

BUT - Model 2 (Nebula) Emulator has no option that I can see, has anyone every been able to get a spinner mouse (Ultimarc) type device to work with Model 2?

I open Daytona USA, then Game-Configure Controls, But under Steering, whether I check the box for Analog or not, it just defaults to "2 axis 8 button gamepad" and shows nothing else

I just want the mouse X Axis to be what is used

Stinks that they don't use an .ini file like Supermodel (Sega Model 3), 

I have played with the ini file in Model 2 folder, but that is just global settings like XInput and which mouse to assign to which player (if more than 1) 

But that does not seem to change anything

Thanks for any help!

Hello @azz09, did you solve it? I have the same trouble.

I have an ultimarc spintrak. I can use the 360º steering wheel in supermodel, mame, psx2, ppsspp, dolphin... But I can't do it in sega model 2. 

Thanks! 

On 5/31/2021 at 4:13 PM, jhordi08 said:

I have an ultimarc spintrak. I can use the 360º steering wheel in supermodel, mame, psx2, ppsspp, dolphin... But I can't do it in sega model 2. 

The only way you'll get it to work is if you use some remapping software to map the Spintrak (mouse) to a virtual joystick. 

Additionally, if you are using a steering wheel and pedals, m2emulator needs separate pedals, not combined.