LaunchBox Community Forums

I want to play Coinops emulator Roms from original Xbox on PC!!!

Imortus.san

Hello,

The original Xbox as an emulator called CoinOPS, it's now on version 8:

This emulator as a ton of hacked roms, that let's you play in a different way from the original, more players, more chars, more difficult, arranged sound tracks, etc..

I have the CoinOPS 7 and Coinops 8 as already been released with even more hacked games, I have tested a couple of this roms in MAME but it gives CRC error, it didn't run a single modded game.

My question is: How can I make the Hacked CoinOPS roms work on PC? Witch emulador does not check the rom integrity and lets it play!!!

Because those hacked SFA 3 roms, have Turbo 2 speed instead of Turbo 1 speed, they have Dramatic battle, Boss Edition, and some other hacks for some other games that I really want to play on PC using Launchbox, can some one help!?

Thanks.

Edited by Imortus.san

I don't have a clue about what most of this means I have no clues as to what Coinop 7 and 8 are even a reference to if you have hacked games that aren't part of the official MAME set you probably need HBMAME (I've never used it but its Homebrew MAME)

Edited by DOS76

My bad, I have already edited the first comment and Title to be more clear about what CoinOPS is and what I want to do.
They are the original Xbox Alt Mame emulators, they emulate almost every 2D game that MAME emulates and they have a ton of modded roms that are just great.

What I really want is to be able to run those roms in a PC emulator, since I going to be playing all my roms on the PC, So I need a way to play those games.

Edited by Imortus.san

• Imortus.san changed the title to I want to play Coinops emulator Roms from original Xbox on PC!!!

I've heard of these, but not the hacked versions. I think they might have been specifically built, but if HBMAME does this, then great. Sadly though, if their names are off, even slightly (especially because these are based on a much older version of MAME), you're gonna need an older version of HBMAME most likely and they will most likely not import in to LaunchBox... at all. These are certainly not the norm, and this is the first time I've ever seen this request.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

There is a PC version of Coin Op's. I'm sure it would work on there. It uses RetroFR as the backbone and CoinOps is the frontend.

Here's a YouTube video for you covering the PC Version of CoinOps ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOb18myylLI

Here's the source and main page for the project 'Forgotten Worlds' ... link removed