LaunchBox Community Forums

General theme view question

alnyden

Is there a way to limit the number of views a theme can show?  For example, let's say on a given theme there are 6 views for platforms, but I really only like to use 3 of them.  Can I possibly remove 3 of them from showing when I scroll through?

Thanks,

R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alnyden said:

Is there a way to limit the number of views a theme can show?  For example, let's say on a given theme there are 6 views for platforms, but I really only like to use 3 of them.  Can I possibly remove 3 of them from showing when I scroll through?

Thanks,

R

Yes you can, as a matter of fact you can even limit the theme to strictly use only one platform view and one games view. 

The process is as follows:

1- In the root folder of your preferred theme you will find a file called "ThemeSettings.xml" right-click on the file and select edit with a notepad (I use a software called notepad++ in my case but the default windows application works as well)

2- To disable or enable Platform/games views look at the highlighted line numbers on the image below:

Themesettings1.thumb.PNG.fe08721faff10c997a1d97b0a3817d7f.PNG3- In my theme for example I enabled all the views as they are being utilized by the theme, basically to enable any view set the value of the highlighted text to "false". To disable any view set the value of the highlighted text to "true"

4- Goodluck and enjoy your theme

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, here's what happened when I tried this:  I changed several entries from "false" to "true" but then Big Box still shows them.  Then when I return to the file, the "true" has been changed back to "false."  I'm definitely saving the file after changing it.  Can you think of any reason this would happen?  I did backup the file (renamed and moved to different folder) but that shouldn't matter.  Thanks for any help!

R

• 5 months later...

@Lordmonkus @neil9000 @CriticalCid @eatkinola please help !

I changed the ThemeSettings.XML (by copying the latest from the default theme) but I still have 2 views that will show up even though I have disabled everything but my own views.

These 2 views continue to show up ....Platform Wheel 3 and Text List with Details, big question is.... does my theme settings.xml  (copied from the default theme of the latest update) have all the entries?

I have attached 2 screen captures from Big Box options and the themesettings.xml  

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by y2guru
Supplied Captures