LaunchBox Community Forums

GOG Summer Sale 2017 Recommendations

Zombeaver

1 minute ago, Patham said:

Diablo I, man, the memories. Back when you lost all your gear when you died. Played a ton of that with 3 friends. One guy stayed up late one night while the rest of us quit. Afterall, I was working back then and had to get up and go to work the next morning. So the next day after work I get in the game and my buddy was still there, waiting for help to get his gear, haha. He had gotten in too deep, died and died again trying to get his loot back. If he quit it was game over and his loot was gone for good as he was the only player left. So he waited and waited for help, haha. Happy ending, we got his gear back. :)

A not uncommon tale from those days haha. Games didn't mess around xD

I played Diablo I but II is what really hooked me. I definitely spent an obscene amount of time in that game. Games have been (rightfully) described as glorified Skinner Boxes by some, and there's few examples where that concept is more apparent than Diablo; and the scary part is that I keep coming back while fully cognizant of that fact haha.

6 minutes ago, Patham said:

Among others, I have Diablo 3. Need to get back into that one. When does the new Necro go live? I was going to check it out on the PTR but never did. ;)

I don't think they've announced a hard date yet, but I believe it's this year. It's been on PTR for a bit (and I still haven't tried it out either).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patham said:

So much fun though, good times. I'm going to fire up D3 sometime soon and check. I know I have 4-5 max level characters but I can't remember what my paragon level is, heh, sucks to get old. O.o

Shoot me a friend request on Blizzard and we'll kill some crap some time.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zombeaver-1379/hero/15906706

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patham said:

Holy crap man, paragon level 850?!?!?! Yeah, you have played some haven't ya?

Lil' bit, yeah :P

4 minutes ago, Patham said:

I just sent ya a friend request through the Blizz app

Cool, I'll accept it when I get home tonight.

4 minutes ago, Patham said:

I am Skeeter#1504

Skeeter's_First_Show_2.jpg

Nice haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

And mosquito=mosy!! like "fuck that mosy just got me". :)

If you said that in the states people would look at you like a crazy person. The only mosy here is "I'm gonna mosey on down to the store and pick up some Reese's Puffs. You want anything?"

Just now, Zombeaver said:

Yeah... that's not a word.

Skeeter's a word. Informal, but a word.

Skeeter.thumb.JPG.ecde9a418d17e8358302d972e06e2109.JPG

Lol, notice the North American/Australian, So not a English word!!! Based off of sure, but not correct. lol Not that i am one to comment on language, i have a filthy mouth and my spelling is often appalling. :) 

Burned an AmEx gift card I got from my office on the sale. My haul:

Rebel Galaxy (freebie)

Saints Row IV

Headlander

Slain

Order of the Thorne

Dropsy

Stasis (I guess this was my sale for catching up on adventure games...)

Strife

Dragon's Dogma

Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi

Quest for Infamy

Memoria

SWAT 3

I was wondering about the arcade game packages - I know they're poorly regarded for crappy emulation, but is it possible to just yank the roms out and play them in your emulator of choice? I've read you can do so with the Neo Geo games, but can you do it with the Raiden games or Double Dragon as well...?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roy1975 said:

Burned an AmEx gift card I got from my office on the sale. My haul:

Rebel Galaxy (freebie)

Saints Row IV

Headlander

Slain

Order of the Thorne

Dropsy

Stasis (I guess this was my sale for catching up on adventure games...)

Strife

Dragon's Dogma

Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi

Quest for Infamy

Memoria

SWAT 3

I was wondering about the arcade game packages - I know they're poorly regarded for crappy emulation, but is it possible to just yank the roms out and play them in your emulator of choice? I've read you can do so with the Neo Geo games, but can you do it with the Raiden games or Double Dragon as well...?

That's a good bounty haul there. :) 

• Like 2