LaunchBox Community Forums

pcsx2

johnnyskullhead

Correct, Spectabis becomes your emulator in Launchbox which seems bad at first but really isn't a problem. The reason I liked Spectabis so much is that it was just way more intuitive to me in setting up each game which you do in Spectabis itself. Then when you update to newer versions of PCSX2 you simply point Spectabis to it and that is it.

PCSX2 Configurator does work and is fine but like I said I liked Spectabis' more visual approach, I just felt more comfortable with it.

• Like 1

I'll have a play with both and see which I prefer. I'm still very much in the experimentation phase of this whole emulation lark. I've never done anything more in depth than play the odd GBA game in VBA or putting a few mame roms on an OG Xbox prior to starting to look into this a couple of weeks back.

Yeah, something like Reshade is not for the beginner and it's not something I have even thought about using with PCSX2 before my previous post. I may have a go at it and see what kind of results I have with it. I have done it with Dreamcast and the stand alone version of Mednafen with mixed results.

One thing I'm pleased about, having to run what looking like a majority of games in SW mode makes be glad I didn't skimp on the CPU in this PC. Even SotC seemed to run ok out in the field but didn't get a chance to try it while rendering a colossus.

On 19/06/2017 at 7:52 AM, lordmonkus said:

Another option for custom per game configs is a program called Spectabis which is a PCSX2 front end but it can be used to pass through Launchbox and for me it made it easier to setup custom configs. Just another option.

How do you configure Spectabis to run the game when you pick it in LB/BB? I added it as the default emulator for PS2 and added -profile. However when I select a game in LB it just opens the spectabis main interface. If I click a game there it loads fine but obviously with BB that step needs skipping.

• 3 years later...

Try this and the blur will go for good

Just tick Enable the HW Hacks then go tape the Advanced Settings and Hacks

You will see the Texture Offsets just put 360 in X and 490 in Y then save it and then run the game to see that the blur effects is gone for good

This worked for me in PSCX2 1.6.0

Regards

Edited by DubaiShark
forget to add the info about the fix and typo
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but we will see. I am getting all my light gun games setup in anticipation of receiving my Sinden, and I have most everything setup, except PCSX2, I have run into a issue. I currently have 2 pedals to use for games like Time Crisis, and I have them working for every game except my PS2 games. I can't figure out how to make them work. I have the pedals mapped to "t" and "y" and this has been fine for everything else. But I can't figure out if I can make them work in conjunction with the nuvee plugin. Does nuvee just use the api buttons that it is configured with (currently my mouse) or is there something I can add to the ahk script to have the pedal work in its place? I found a tutorials for someone who got it working with the infinity pedal, but unfortunately I do not have that (but may have to get it...). Any help would be great! Thanks!