some games run great Gradius v 60 frames no problem

others outrun 25 frames !!

tekkens and soul caliburs around 60 ish but got vertical lines thru graphics

any ideas ?

BTW any suggestions on graphics card ?

think me processor is ok but i am running a gt 730

think its struggling

Thanks in advance

I don't know if I'm just unlucky with PCSX2 or overly nit picky but using HW rendering and especially upping the resolution seems to cause at least some graphical anomalies in pretty much every game. From a kind of stuttery look in FMV's(not a fps drop) to messed up textures or sometimes small lines or marks around areas of text,etc. Some of the hw hack menu hacks can reduce them but I never seem to be able to eliminate them completely. I've ended up running most game in software mode, its only native res but at least everything looks like its supposed too.

Also try changing the interlacing option. Sometime auto gets it wrong and makes a game more blurry than normal. Happens for me in the Ace Combat games.

Edited by spectral

Well i am running a gtx 770 and can get away with 3x native resolution, anything above that i see significant drops with some games while others are just fine so i leave it as that, so just play with the internal res till you find a acceptable balance. As for vertical lines i had the same issue on one of the tekken games as well. Unfortunately pcsx2 doesn't have full compatibility and some games will have a lot of graphical glitches. It's just the way it is unfortunately. As @spectral say's there are some hacks you can apply to games, but you will need to do that on a game by game basis. 

Not sure if this is of any help but a quick search for the issue found these 2 threads about it and possible fixes for it. By the looks it is a resolution issue and you need to create a custom resolution for the game. Such is life in PS2 emulation.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Black-vertical-lines-Tekken-5

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Tekken-5-1080p-without-them-vertical-lines

I've done a bit of messing with PCSX2 a week or so back. I dont have it to hand right now for specific setting names though. My first advice though would be if you are using the officially released build dump it for one of the dev builds, they have added a lot since the last release. In the "HW Hacks" section of the graphics plugin settings there is are some tick boxes. There are one or 2 there specifically for getting rid of those line that are most common in Namco games.

The interlacing wont fix stuff like that. I meant to use that when you said things looked blurry. Tbh most of the time its fine on auto but on the odd game it seems to get it wrong. Ace combat 4 is one example.  IIRC the shortcut to cycle through the options is F5 so if a game looks blurry or just kind of very slightly off you can cycle through then to see if it improves without having to go into the settings.

Edited by spectral

If you use the Hardware modes, it will create some issues. Software mode is more compatible, but limited in extra features. Some games run better in certain situations, certain settings. It's also worth noting that performance can change from game to game, even on the same system. Either a specific games compatibility could be low, or it requires much more power than another game.

I've been considering spectabis but I think I'm going to see how it goes with the configurator first. Seems better not to throw another app in the mix uneccessarily. Also iirc you have to add games in LB using spectabis as the emulator and let it pass you through to PCSX2. Seems like an extra step of potential complications.

Edited by spectral