LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox no Longer Opens

laprocket

7.11 beta 5

After the last update LaunchBox either crashes when opening or nothing happens.  During the last udpate launch box had me install something besides the normal update file.  I'm stuck as to what to do.   I'm not sure if there is a log somewhere i can post.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

54 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

The last update installed a new .NET, 4.7 I believe.

I would recommend either redownloading the latest official build and install that over top or go into your Launchbox\updates folder and run one the previous versions of the installers in there.

So I went to the update folder, downloaded beta 3 and everything loads up again.  Do you think I should just skip the beta 5 build and update the next release?  What do you think is causing the crash?

Thanks again for your help.

I went from beta 4 to beta 5.  I'm always playing with the system so i don't miss anything.  On a good note I'm on beta 5 now and everything is working.  After reverting to beta 3, when i opened bigbox it went straight into the  installer and made me install the newest version.    I'm not sure what the problem was really.  I'm on windows 10 with the new creators update.  I deleted all the C++ and reinstalled.  That said it was still crashing after I did that.  It wasn't till I reverted to beta 3 and bigbox installed the newest version.  Maybe just a glitch in the initial update that just needed to be reinstalled on my end.