LaunchBox Community Forums

Hello,

First of all I've had launch box premium for 2 weeks now and it is awesome. Everything I could've wanted plus more.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is exiting the pcsx2 emulator with controller automation. I can only use the ESC key on the keyboard. I've got about 13 other emulators working perfectly with it using a wireless Xbox 360 controller and holding back plus pushing start as an exit combo. I also don't believe pcsx2 has a controller config to do this within the emulator.

I looked at this thread  

and followed the steps but it didn't quite work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the very last step to having a complete big box setup with no mouse or keyboard.

Edit: I just realized this may be in the wrong forum. Mods please move if necessary.

Edited by Chadleroy
Maybe wrong forum

Pcsx2 and Dolphin, this never worked for me in either case. I haven't looked too much into it yet, but a quick workaround until it's probably addressed is to keep a keymapper open to a mostly blank profile but bind one of the buttons to esc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

For dolphin I had to set the button combo from within the emulator itself in the controller configuration. I just set it to the same as the automation settings in big box.

Does the keymapper work for you for PCSX2? Which one are you using if you don't mind?

• Like 1

It does because it sends a keyboard input, so it will work exactly as if you pressed the escape key. It's worth noting that I do use a program called Rocketlauncher, which is set to kill an emulator when escape is pressed regardless of what the emulator wants to do... so I've never actually tried pcsx2 without that... meaning if I recall esc might just minimize the emulation and leave the UI up? If that's the case, there may be a setting in pcsx2 that will allow you to close the emulator on esc press... I'm pulling from memory here haha. But as long as esc or some combination of buttons will exit the emulator, you can use a keymapper to bind it to your controller. I use xpadder, but joy2key is another viable option. Maybe even pinnacle but I've never used that one. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fromlostdays said:

It does because it sends a keyboard input, so it will work exactly as if you pressed the escape key. It's worth noting that I do use a program called Rocketlauncher, which is set to kill an emulator when escape is pressed regardless of what the emulator wants to do... so I've never actually tried pcsx2 without that... meaning if I recall esc might just minimize the emulation and leave the UI up? If that's the case, there may be a setting in pcsx2 that will allow you to close the emulator on esc press... I'm pulling from memory here haha. But as long as esc or some combination of buttons will exit the emulator, you can use a keymapper to bind it to your controller. I use xpadder, but joy2key is another viable option. Maybe even pinnacle but I've never used that one. 

--nogui works for me in the command lines in launch box to get rid of the emulator window after closing. I'll try joy to key or xpadder w/ rocket launcher later today. Thanks

14 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Try this AHK script for PCSX2 in Launchbox.

$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

If I recall this auto populated when pcsx2 was added to launch box but I'll double check later. Thanks

I also found this too.

It seems to add additional functions to the pcsx2 emulator. I'm gonna give all 3 options a try later today and report back.

Problem solved. The issue was the location where my pcsx2 files were installed. I originally had them deep into my user folder. I installed it in my program files (x86) where it was recommended by the installer and the launchbox controller automation keys work perfectly now.

I am gonna check out spectabis once I get a chance to test out the games for specific settings though. Thank you so much everybody.

• Like 1