LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone Using DOS with RocketLauncher

angelobodetti

Hi Guys,

ive heard using the exodos collection with RocketLauncher is really easy and you just point it at your zip files like roms. 

I haven't tried and before I did, I wanted to check to see if anyone else has in conjunction with Hyperspin or LaunchBox. 

I really want to get it through RocketLauncher so I can use @RetroHumanoid media when he releases it. 

I couldn't find any tutorials so figured I'd ask. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

@angelobodetti I am using the exodos set with LaunchBox and RocketLauncher and it works great. I just followed the module notes instructions for DosBox inside of RL to the letter and it works great. I did however get everything working when I was using HS and then when I started using LaunchBox I just imported the files and chose RocketLauncher as my emulator and everything works perfect.

• Like 1

You still have to run that exodos setup, and get the conf files and point Rocketlauncher to where you store them. I just took the entire folder of them and put them in the same folder as my dosbox module and pointed RL there. It's pretty awesome being able to keep the entire set zipped and launch that way (I took the actual games out of the exodos folder structure and put them on my rom drive in a folder called Microsoft MS-DOS). The good news is it works the same way for the Win3xO set. However, because the Dosbox module needs to point to a config folder for both... your options are you can create a duplicate of the dosbox module and call it Win3xo or something and point that to the Win3x0 configs... which is what I did to get them both working at the same time, or you could try pasting the win3xo configs in the same folder as a exodos ones... that might work too. 

Edit: Unless there is a workaround though (or if they updated the LB database since I imported which was last year), you will have a few problems importing the zips into Launchbox. Because the naming of the exodos set is a little different, launchbox didn't find all of the exodos games and incorrectly matched some as well. Again, the database may be updated, but its something to watch out for. 

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1