LaunchBox Community Forums

BIOS/Startup Screen With PCSX2 and Dolphin?

chemergency7712

Hi, I've been playing with Launchbox for a while and everything seems to work well for the most part, but I was wondering if there was a way or a specific command line option I should choose to see the Gamecube BIOS/startup and the PS2 BIOS/startup in Dolphin and PCSX2 respectively. They both start fine if I run the emulators by themselves but when launching through Launchbox it always skips the bios and goes directly to the game. I know this is a pretty trivial thing but I was wondering if there was a workaround to this or something I'm missing (Demul boots with BIOS fine through Launchbox). I'm aware that with ePSXe there's a command you can add to force it to launch the bios before starting the game.

Hi and welcome to the forums. :) 

I'm not sure if this is possible on Dolphin or not, i believe the dolphin team wrote there own bios for the emulator, that is why you do not need to provide one for the games to work on it, but i could be wrong so if anyone wants's to correct me on that feel free. As for PS2 go to tools/manage emulators double click pcsx2 and in the command line box add the command --fullboot, that should then play the bios when you launch a game.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, neil9000 said:

Hi and welcome to the forums. :) 

I'm not sure if this is possible on Dolphin or not, i believe the dolphin team wrote there own bios for the emulator, that is why you do not need to provide one for the games to work on it, but i could be wrong so if anyone wants's to correct me on that feel free. As for PS2 go to tools/manage emulators double click pcsx2 and in the command line box add the command --fullboot, that should then play the bios when you launch a game.

Excellent. Thank you for the PCSX2 solution Neil, that was the command I was looking for!

As for Dolphin I'll continue to be on the lookout for potential solutions but thanks for the help in the meantime. :)

• 1 year later...