Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
HallowedTruth

Issues with scraper retrieving video media

Recommended Posts

Hello all, first and foremost I want to say thank you for a most amazing piece of software I absolutely love it. Now that that is done onto the main purpose of this post. I've recently purchased a forever updates license and and an emumovies lifetime sub, and everything has worked brilliantly except for when I try to scrape metadata and images and video for my ps1 collection. Thing is when i scrape them one at a time (using edit\download metadata\images button) I've been able to grab everything but if I try to scrap more than one game at a time I receive nothing from emumovies. Which is important because the launchbox db doesn't have any video media. I was just curious as to what could cause this and if anyone had any thoughts. Thank you and once again absolutely amazing software. Also in reference to specific details I am using the latest beta on win 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have come to the forums to try and find an answer to this question. I am using 7.16 and I have exactly the same issue:

*Playstation Games only

*Can scrape videos individually

*bulk scrapes will never return results.

Not sure if this is just a bug, maybe someone like @Lordmonkus or @Jason Carr would know?

Edited by mulletbum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, let's tag @circo on this, as I believe this is probably an issue with the API. I'll try and hit him up here soon as well to see if we can look into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, screwball69 said:

I think it might be a issue with the site, if you go to say the SNES category there is nothing there ATM https://emumovies.com/files/category/1199-game-videos/

 

The FTP works though so you may just want to go on there and grab a batch of videos

Try scrolling down, also the api has nothing to do with the site ;)

Capture.thumb.PNG.cda52dd74b27fbf4826f55adef5ac33c.PNG

Edited by circo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey look over there *points*

 

Weird, did the site format just get changed or something? I've been using the FTP for a few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, screwball69 said:

Hey look over there *points*

 

Weird, did the site format just get changed or something? I've been using the FTP for a few months

FTP, Website and API are all seperate servers, not tied together at all.  I usually update the FTP and Sync Server weeks or months before updating the website.  The website got a pretty big upgrade a couple months ago but it did introduce a few bugs that we are working on.  So navigation isn't as easy as normal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@circo The official Sync tool doesn't seem to work at all for me either. It's just weird that LB will do it for a single file though with no issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mulletbum When you used the sync tool it would have put a couple of files in the directory a have.txt and missing.txt can you please attach those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@circo Here are the files.

missing.txt

have.txt

It looks like if I do under 25 it seems to work fine. So it looks like it is having an issue with the number of requests, which I don't understand as I have WAY more SNES games.

Edited by mulletbum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Any news on this? I'm having issues as well. Take a look here. 

@circo 

 

 

 

I've been tied up the last couple of days, sincere apologies for that.  @e2zippo I'm responding to your thread now.

@mulletbum sorry to keep you waiting, I am still trying to figure out why your having a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mulletbum, I have verified the problem.  I made a couple of captures of my tests.  First I tried a batch sync against my normal rom set.

 

Everything seemed to be working normally, so I made a test set based on your missing list

Unfortunately that did not go smoothly.  The fuzzy matching that EM Sync uses "should" work ok in a case like this, but in this instance it is failing outright.  I have sent a note to my developer and will see if matching isn't working correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...