LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues with scraper retrieving video media

HallowedTruth

Hello all, first and foremost I want to say thank you for a most amazing piece of software I absolutely love it. Now that that is done onto the main purpose of this post. I've recently purchased a forever updates license and and an emumovies lifetime sub, and everything has worked brilliantly except for when I try to scrape metadata and images and video for my ps1 collection. Thing is when i scrape them one at a time (using edit\download metadata\images button) I've been able to grab everything but if I try to scrap more than one game at a time I receive nothing from emumovies. Which is important because the launchbox db doesn't have any video media. I was just curious as to what could cause this and if anyone had any thoughts. Thank you and once again absolutely amazing software. Also in reference to specific details I am using the latest beta on win 10.

• 4 months later...

I have come to the forums to try and find an answer to this question. I am using 7.16 and I have exactly the same issue:

*Playstation Games only

*Can scrape videos individually

*bulk scrapes will never return results.

Not sure if this is just a bug, maybe someone like @Lordmonkus or @Jason Carr would know?

Edited by mulletbum

3 minutes ago, screwball69 said:

I think it might be a issue with the site, if you go to say the SNES category there is nothing there ATM https://emumovies.com/files/category/1199-game-videos/

The FTP works though so you may just want to go on there and grab a batch of videos

Try scrolling down, also the api has nothing to do with the site ;)

Capture.thumb.PNG.cda52dd74b27fbf4826f55adef5ac33c.PNG

Edited by circo

1 minute ago, screwball69 said:

Hey look over there *points*

Weird, did the site format just get changed or something? I've been using the FTP for a few months

FTP, Website and API are all seperate servers, not tied together at all.  I usually update the FTP and Sync Server weeks or months before updating the website.  The website got a pretty big upgrade a couple months ago but it did introduce a few bugs that we are working on.  So navigation isn't as easy as normal.  

@mulletbum, I have verified the problem.  I made a couple of captures of my tests.  First I tried a batch sync against my normal rom set.

Everything seemed to be working normally, so I made a test set based on your missing list

Unfortunately that did not go smoothly.  The fuzzy matching that EM Sync uses "should" work ok in a case like this, but in this instance it is failing outright.  I have sent a note to my developer and will see if matching isn't working correctly.