LaunchBox Community Forums

DEMUL + XBox One Controller

5thWolf

So I finally got my DEMUL working perfectly... however I can't get it to see my Xbox One Controller. I even heard some had same issue with Xbox 360 controller.
Any one know of any solutions? It just doesn't map. Drivers are all good and work on ever other emulator I have.
Google searches I see people talk about it years ago but no conclusions.

Thanks!!!

I've been having the same problem for quite a while. I can't get my xbox 360 controller or my ps4 controller to work. For that reason, I'm beginning to think something else is the culprit. I've found numerous posts about this issue all over the internet, but no solution.

I did find values to replace the ini file but they only partially worked (d-pad only).

Any suggestions would be appreciated - but even better- I would really appreciate the data for dreamcast and arcade INI settings (paddemul.ini) for both a ps4 controller and a xbox 360. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolf said:

Wonder if this would work for XB1 controller. And if it even will work if the EMU doesn't see the controller even after putting this in. Sure hope so!

That is weird, i am using a xbox one controller with the official microsoft wireless dongle and it works just fine for me in Demul. I can only think that something else on your system is interfering with it some how, i just went to controls and added them as normal, didn't have to do anything special it was just recognised straight off the bat as a controller so just added the buttons the way i wanted them. 

• Like 1

I don't have the wireless xb1 adapter. I just use it wired USB. It does work with all my other games and emulators. Just DEMUL has issues. :P
I would assume if something was interfering with it it would affect my controller across other programs also. But, willing to try anything to discover a fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello i got demul to wor perfectly except the controler part my ps4 controler works perfectly on avery other emulator exist and i mean EVERY!! except demul i tried all demul versions old and new still nothing i figured a sneaky way to map analog stick , start buton , x y a and b butons , and both trigers but its doesnt let me map the dpad no matter what i do or try pls help me there is also not a single video on youtube for that very well known issue if somone find a sulution or any other controler thats working pls let me know !!!!

• 9 months later...