LaunchBox Community Forums

MinimalHD missing

Exequiel3k

Hey all,

I just purchased BigBox with the hopes of using Grila's minimalHD theme. The problem is, I can't find it anywhere and there is even mention of the author deleting it from the download section (is it true?).. 

With all that in mind, could someone please upload their fully-working version of it? Thanks a lot for your time..! 

Yeah I don't know if Grila deleted it or not but I couldn't find but I am sure if he did delete it he had a reason for it, maybe he will provide a link for it or re-upload it.

In the meantime though there is Minimal-AO which is based off of MinimalHD

And there is Grilas Fundamental theme which is really nice and worth checking out.

Thanks a lot for posting it, I really appreciate it :)

Everything is displaying great, the only issue I encountered was the custom image not scaling properly. I fixed it for the gameplateform1 view but I can't find anywhere the file that handles verticlewheel1 to fix it.. I've attached an image so you can see it.

Thanks a lot for posting it :D

image.png

6 minutes ago, Exequiel3k said:

Thanks a lot for posting it, I really appreciate it :)

Everything is displaying great, the only issue I encountered was the custom image not scaling properly. I fixed it for the gameplateform1 view but I can't find anywhere the file that handles verticlewheel1 to fix it.. I've attached an image so you can see it.

Thanks a lot for posting it :D

image.png

WheelGamesView

Another little question, if you look at the attached image, you'll notice the top and bottom parts of scanline/opacity aren't fully stretched.. I tried fiddling around though I can't seem to locate where I could alter the settings on that.. Could someone point me in the right direction since once that's done; it'll look flawless ^.^ 

1.png

Edited by Exequiel3k
picture edit

3 minutes ago, Exequiel3k said:

Another little question, if you look at the image I attached, you'll notice the top and bottom parts of scanline/opacity aren't fully stretched.. I tried fiddling around though I can't seem to locate where I could alter the settings on that.. Could someone point me in the right direction since once that's done; it'll look flawless ^.^ 

1.png

That looks like a resolution difference, i would guess the scanline image is 16:9, are you using a different aspect ratio?

1 minute ago, Exequiel3k said:

yeah, I'm using a surface book... I'll plug it to a tv to see if it still diverges.. 

I was thinking maybe I could just force in the text-string to adapt to the screen

Yeah i just looked in the images folder of the theme and it is definitely a 1920x1080 scanline image, if you are any good with photoshop or similar you could try adjusting the size of the image to match your resolution.

The default resolution is 3000x2000 (aspect ratio 3:2), I guess Microsoft though I’d be great to complicate things for anything related to image/video/gaming rendering..

I plugged it to my 1080p tv and all is normal. I guess it’s only messed up on the surface display (cuz of the default display settings). I think I’m gonna leave it as-is since most gaming will be done on my tv.

*i took out the scanline image and there was still a strong opacity covering the same area with the same issue. That said, on a tv it was all normal

Edited by Exequiel3k
Update

I fixed all of the little esthetical things and i’m left pondering if there’s a way to delay the theme appearing until all the clear logos appear.. 

Essentially, what’s happening is the theme loads the basic stuff, a couple of plateform clear logos and hangs for around 4-5 seconds and populates the rest. Like it freezes for ??? reasons and resumes..

Is there a way to delay displaying the theme until all is properly loaded. If not, is there a way to set a timer so the screen stays black for x-amount of time?

Thx for the feedback..!

Edited by Exequiel3k

• 1 month later...

Hey, I was wondering in the WheelGamesView, where should I be looking in order to make the GameBox image bigger? I tried altering the settings in the GameImage section but it only moves the location of the image on the grid..

I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks :)

Edited by Exequiel3k