LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't delete my Super Nintendo Platform! It keeps coming back...

cleverest

Will that make launchbox stop re-creating these folders I don't want called (Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System) in IMAGES, MANUALS, MUSIC, GAMES, and VIDEOS that keep getting created over and over, no matter how many times I delete them?  I don't get why this happens when there is no XML file anymore...

LOL I reinstalled LB to the same path, and it opens again with (Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System

as a platform on the left with 970 (empty) game entries, full covers and all.  Going to try your manual import and see what happens....but I have to get rid of this platform either way...

Wish I had an answer for you because if you remove all the roms from that platform in LB the platform will disappear and you can just simply rename the platform as I showed with screenshots on the previous page.

I will tag @Jason Carr and maybe he has something he can add to help out.

The only thing I got left to say is if you are using a beta version is to go back to a stable version.

something is putting this old named SNES list BACK into my playlists.xml during/upon every launch of the program, I delete save it, open LB, open the XML and it's back...I even deleted the entries, made it WRITE ONLY...and it STILL DOES IT, just gives me a write permission error in LB when I click the platform to do to it, LOL! 

Thanks...I'm at my wits end.

Wow, crazy issue. We have seen some issues with deleting platforms in the past but I haven't seen them pop up in quite a while. Generally, in order to delete a platform, you have to remove all instances of the platform from the Platforms.xml file as well as delete the platform's games file from the Data\Platforms subfolder. It's possible that somehow the platform name is still being referred to in an XML file under the Platforms folder, even if the file name doesn't match. That would be my best guess here.

However, finding the issue that caused it...ugh...

• Like 1