LaunchBox Community Forums

Request - Missing Rom feature

sasquatch

Launchbox is great at showing us which roms we have, but as far as I'm aware it does not show us missing roms from a platform.

Is it possible to scan a platform and compare it to a full rom set to see which elusive roms we do not have?

Anybody else think that would be useful?

19 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, we have looked into doing this in the past, but it becomes a nightmare to support all of the different types of ROM sets. If and when we do add it, it will strictly support No Intro only. But hopefully we can add it soon. :)

maybe a check how many of the Games we already have in our local LaunchBox against the ones in the GamesDB would be cool. all together and then splitted into released (should be renamed into official), unlicensed and so one. that would also give us a good overview how far from complete we would be (also to see how many official roms are in the Database already.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

BUMP! for more attention. This is a must have feature for me since I spend most of my time collecting games. Obviously, I guess it means Launchbox will have to shift to No-intro naming standards as well as convert GamesDB into a No-intro database where all No-intro rom list exist as GamesDB IDs regardless if they contain any information or media.  This will also mean new GamesDB ID will strictly come from updated No-intro sets.  

28 minutes ago, Spiro9210 said:

BUMP! for more attention. This is a must have feature for me since I spend most of my time collecting games. Obviously, I guess it means Launchbox will have to shift to No-intro naming standards as well as convert GamesDB into a No-intro database where all No-intro rom list exist as GamesDB IDs regardless if they contain any information or media.  This will also mean new GamesDB ID will strictly come from updated No-intro sets.  

Just to be clear, we will not be taking this approach, as we support more than just the No-Intro formats. On top of that, this would require massive rewrites of many things, so I don't believe it would be time well spent compared to other features that people have voted for. We will not be switching to a strictly No-Intro approach.

A missing ROMs feature could be implemented that just compares against no intro lists, but it's not likely to be a popular enough request right now for that to happen soon. Regardless, it would not require converting everything to strict no-intro.