LaunchBox Community Forums

RPCS3 - High Res Rendering

LogicalEgo

18 hours ago, shadowblind said:

Astounding. How is RPCS3 setup via Launchbox these days? Can it be set up to go auto fullscreen, end on ESC, etc.? If so I'm thinking it's time to bite the bullet and set it up for the few-but-great games that are playable

I haven't set it up in LB/BB yet. Still waiting for it to get just a little bit further in development/performance before I tackle it. 

Same here, not even looking at this emulator for a while until a few things happen. A) It gets better  B) I Get a new PC to run it and C) It's easier to get games.

Right now I would much rather play them on my real PS3 and not waste drive space with 40 gig BluRay rips.

PS3 system and games are so cheap right now it's not worth the effort to emulate it. That's just me though.

It is really impressive how far they have come in such a short amount of time. KD-11 has performed miracles. Their patreon reached a level recently where KD-11 agreed to quit his day job and work on it full time, so it doesn't look like they will be slowing down any time soon. 

I am still waiting for things to be more mature though. RCPS3 can boot a lot of games now, but only about 15% of games are full playable. When that number is around 80% is when I plan to jump on board. 

I'll be playing at native resolution though, because I am one of "those" guys :p.  

What kind of CPU power does RPCS3 need? I'm only interested in it so I can get Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (which I already have on my real PS3 and Xbox 360 ) onto my arcade cabinet. I think it's one of the few games working on RPCS3 right now and should be one of the least demanding ones. 

The problem is the cpu in my arcade cabinet is an old AMD A4 running at 3.4 Ghz, not sure if that will cut it (it struggles with some Naomi games). 

I've tried this emulator with this version and it's great. It's quite easy to setup by following its website's tutorial. Not all games are 40GB blu-ray hogbeasts, most of them are around 10Gb or less. And making them work on Launchbox it's very easy too.

Unfortunately, it only runs a handful of games decently, and most of the exclusives are unplayable or don't even boot at the moment (before you ask, The Last of Us and God of War 3 don't work yet).

On 10/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, madpossum said:

What kind of CPU power does RPCS3 need? I'm only interested in it so I can get Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix (which I already have on my real PS3 and Xbox 360 ) onto my arcade cabinet. I think it's one of the few games working on RPCS3 right now and should be one of the least demanding ones. 

The problem is the cpu in my arcade cabinet is an old AMD A4 running at 3.4 Ghz, not sure if that will cut it (it struggles with some Naomi games). 

That game works perfectly on the emulator as far as I know. since it's not a very complex game to emulate, It should run fine in most PCs. I would recommend you'll try for yourself to see how it works in your particular system.

Edited by Suhrvivor

VF5 runs great even though there's graphical glitches, and RCPS3 is probably responsible for the best Marvel vs Capcom 2 emulation outside of MAME, so that's a plus.

I really just want to get it set up for Launchbox specifically for MvC2 and Sonic CD (Sonic CD especially since the PS3 version is the only widescreen version of the game that can be played on PC aside from the Android version). Everything else, I'm content on waiting for.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:35 AM, Suhrvivor said:

I've tried this emulator with this version and it's great. It's quite easy to setup by following its website's tutorial. Not all games are 40GB blu-ray hogbeasts, most of them are around 10Gb or less. And making them work on Launchbox it's very easy too.

Unfortunately, it only runs a handful of games decently, and most of the exclusives are unplayable or don't even boot at the moment (before you ask, The Last of Us and God of War 3 doesn't work yet).

That game works perfectly on the emulator as far as I know. since it's not a very complex game to emulate, It should run fine in most PCs. I would recommend you'll try for yourself to see how it works in your particular system.

Thanks, got it working perfectly. In fact, it ran too fast, I had to turn on the frame limiter to keep it at 60 fps. Playing SSF2THDR on the arcade cabinet was awesome.