LaunchBox Community Forums

An odd issue with Naomi/DEmul: Using LaunchBox results in NVRAM/progress not saving

Arcade1993

Hello all!! I am a proud lifetime purchaser of LaunchBox and after messing with it for 2 weeks now, I have only come across one issue, which should indicate how great of a program it is!

I am using DEmul in LaunchBox so that I may play some of my favorites like House of the Dead 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc on my MAME cabinet. However, there is a very weird issue. I am not sure if it is a glitch or what. 

If I enter DEmul by double clicking the executable and running the games that way, games save just fine. A good example of a game that needs to save is Marvel vs Capcom 2, because you don't want to lose the experience/unlocked characters every time you exit the game. However, if you use LaunchBox, that is exactly what happens. 

For whatever reason, when launching any Naomi/DEmul games with Launchbox, the NVRAM file is never written/updated. Only when Demul is opened normally in Windows will it save the NVRAM file progress.

I am using the latest version of LaunchBox with the latest version of DCEmul in a Windows 10 environment if it helps!

Does anybody know what is going on? I saw one other member here complain about this but there wasn't any fix posted. Any advice to this very strange issue would be greatly appreciated!