LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Video - ends early

Killbill

Hey guys, trying to figure out how to make the opening video when launching big box run in full rather then end early. 

Installed this earlier on today - however the video does not complete before going into the platform selection screen. 

any advice?

thanks. 

In the latest beta I believe BB will now run startup videos at full length.  

However, if you are not running the latest beta release you would need to adjust the seconds to delay BB startup. In BB options under general look for "Minimum Startup Video Duration". You will have to test how many seconds you will need to adjust it out for your system specifically. The max is only 30 seconds so any video longer than that will not play in full unless you install the latest beta. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, i'm currently on 8.3 beta 4.

I populated the Startup folder with some videos and BigBox choose randomly between them at startup, but i can't skip a startup video at all. Tried with mouse, Keyboard (Return, Space, Esc, etc) but nothing. Is this by design or is it a bug?

5 minutes ago, XeviaN360 said:

Hi, i'm currently on 8.3 beta 4.

I populated the Startup folder with some videos and BigBox choose randomly between them at startup, but i can't skip a startup video at all. Tried with mouse, Keyboard (Return, Space, Esc, etc) but nothing. Is this by design or is it a bug?

It is working just fine for me on beta 4. Are you sure Bigbox has actually loaded when you press a button? Because if it hasn't then it wont skip as there is nothing to skip to.