LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't exit Cemu v1.10.0f

smpetty

With Cemu v1.10.0f, I am no longer able to exit the emulator in BigBox mode with controller automation.  I've tried all of the suggestions above.  Nothing happens when I press my typical controller buttons to close the active window.  I have to use the keyboard, hit Esc to go from full screen to windowed Cemu, and exit the emulator with the mouse.

Needless to say, this ruins the LB experience.

Any ideas?  Is anyone else running this version of Cemu and able to exit the full screen emulator with controller automation?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

I haven't updated my Cemu to that version yet. Can you go to Tools->Manage Emulators, double click Cemu, and verify you have -f -g in the field "Default command-line parameters"?

The sample command field should look like this:

Cemu.exe -f -g "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE"

9 minutes ago, ckp said:

I haven't updated my Cemu to that version yet. Can you go to Tools->Manage Emulators, double click Cemu, and verify you have -f -g in the field "Default command-line parameters"?

The sample command field should look like this:

Cemu.exe -f -g "FULL\PATH\TO\ROM\FILE"

I do have those parameters in the default command line parameters field.

Thanks,

Scott

54 minutes ago, ckp said:

when you edit cemu in LB, do you have this in your ahk tab:

; This section closes Cemu when pressing Escape

$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Thanks ckp - the same AHK script doesn't work for me.  

I actually appended my original question to a thread in the Noobs section that has been more active and has more detail:

My part starts towards the end.  Any more ideas?  

Thanks again,  Scott

10 hours ago, joel said:

I use rocketlauncher and it works fine with i exit cemu, if you don't like that route you use this autohotkey script . it exits when you hold select+start

JOY8:: 
If GetKeyState("JOY7") 
{
    Process, Close, Cemu.exe
}

Joel, that doesn't work for me either.  Thanks for the help.

I finally figured it out!

When things act strangely on Windows 10, it's often related to security, permissions, or administrator issues.  I checked the Cemu.exe properties and found that Cemu.exe was set to run in administrator mode.  I vaguely remember changing this months ago after someone suggested this for running Cemu optimally.  I unticked administrator mode and I was able to go from fullscreen to windowed mode with my controller automation combo.  After adding 

{
}

to the AHK Script tab for Cemu (in LB Emulator Setup section) it all worked perfectly!  

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I don't run any emulators in admin mode. Since the popular Cemu BSoD setup videos say to run Cemu in admin mode, I was going to ask you if you were. Good thing you figured it out.I haven't come across any issues or loss of optimization/performance by not running Cemu or any other emulators in admin mode. You also should not run LB in admin mode.

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2017 at 5:15 PM, ckp said:

when you edit cemu in LB, do you have this in your ahk tab:

; This section closes Cemu when pressing Escape

{
}

I put this in the running autohotkey section.  Worked great.  Thanks.

Now if we can just get a keymapper launcher per platform or per-game, then I won't have to have the keyboard here just to exit cemu.  But at least it works for now.

Edited by damageinc86

• 11 months later...

Sorry, doing a big of necro, but this is the first result returned by google on the issue.

The examples listed so far are not optimal. The following is reccomended:

; Special + Start
JOY3 & JOY12:: 
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

In the example above I use a combination of two buttons on my joystick. You can see the mapping if you open the "Game Controllers" panel in Windows:

image.thumb.png.4f343c345061b413676794c534668d29.pngThe number's you see in the right window are the same as in my example. You can use the "&" symbol to chain how many keys you want. If you want to use just one, write just "JOY12", or similar.

As for the rest, the script I posted is safer. The ones posted in all the other posts in this thread terminate Cemu abruptly and could potentially result in save lose.

As much as I LOVE launchbox, we genuinely would benefit from a community Wiki.

Edited by Pamput

4 minutes ago, Pamput said:

Sorry, doing a big of necro, but this is the first result returned by google on the issue.

The examples listed so far are not optimal. The following is reccomended:

; Special + Start
JOY3 & JOY12:: 
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

In the example above I use a combination of two buttons on my joystick. You can see the mapping if you open the "Game Controllers" panel in Windows:

image.thumb.png.4f343c345061b413676794c534668d29.pngThe number's you see in the right window are the same as in my example. You can use the "&" symbol to chain how many keys you want. If you want to use just one, write just "JOY12", or similar.

As for the rest, the script I posted is safer. The ones posted in all the other posts in this thread terminate Cemu abruptly and could potentially result in save lose.

As much as I LOVE launchbox, we genuinely would benefit from a community Wiki.

Yes, unfortunately this particular thread is from 2017 (even though there is one post from 2019), but the Process, Close issue has been brought up in more recent threads from 2019 to current. The WinClose version is best as you stated, but we still have users utilizing the old script. Even in our dedicated thread to AHK there is still a need to recommend not using Process, Close.