LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 7.12 Released - Change Log

Lordmonkus

Version 7.12 - Released October 27, 2017

- New Premium Feature: Big Box Startup videos have been overhauled to be run from within Big Box instead of launching VLC directly; videos will now automatically run for the full length of the video unless skipped with a key or button press

- New Premium Feature: Big Box now supports random startup videos as well; simply create a LaunchBox\Videos\Startup folder and drop all videos to be randomized inside

- New Premium Feature: Different themes for each platform can now be used in Big Box; simply map a key or controller button to the new "Switch Theme" item under Options > Keyboard Mappings or Options > Controller Buttons

- New Feature: Media items and Windows shortcuts can now be imported more easily using the new "None of the Above" import type in the import games wizard. Simply drag media files or Windows shortcuts over to LaunchBox and select "None of the Above" when choosing the type of files you are importing.

- Improvement: Big Box memory footprint significantly reduced (RAM usage)

- Improvement: Big Box performance improvements, specifically with transition animations between selecting games or platforms

- Improvement: Big Box Startup videos will now always start up on the monitor selected as the primary monitor

- Improvement: Checkboxes on the Import and Download Metadata and Media wizards now remember their settings for each import/run (where relevant). Selected image types are also remembered.

- Improvement: The import wizard now prefills the platform field with the currently selected platform in LaunchBox

- Improvement: Upgraded once again to the .NET Framework 4.7 (had previously reverted due to some minor end user issues with .NET 4.7). Hopefully all issues are ironed out by now; if necessary, you will be prompted to install the latest .NET Framework when upgrading.

- Improvement: Additional Applications in Big Box have now been moved into a sub-menu so that the names are not cut off and they don't clutter up the game details menu

- Improvement: Due to memory limitations and the possibility for out of memory errors, CoverFlow image quality in Big Box is limited to a max of Medium on systems with 8 gigs of RAM or less

- Fixed: Additional apps were sometimes showing out of order; they should now always be sorted alphabetically in both LaunchBox and Big Box

- Fixed: Refreshing platform wheel images in Big Box was not working in some cases

- Fixed: Rare NullReferenceException could occur in LaunchBox while populating the game details sidebar values

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Lordmonkus changed the title to Launchbox 7.12 Released - Change Log

Is there a way to lower the volume of the startup video in BigBox? It is louder than the other videos (platform/gameplay) since the update. Maybe it isn't a problem for most people, but I have an issue with my PC's soundcard that makes everything way too loud by default. Volume on my headphones is 36%, master volume in BigBox is 35%, everything else in sound settings is at only 25%. This makes it so my ears don't bleed. My ears are still ringing from when I started up BigBox a couple minutes ago. Most rock concerts aren't that loud.

I'm actually going to have to remove my startup video for now. I don't mean to complain, BigBox starts up much smoother now, but with my messed up soundcard I feel like I'm dying.

• 1 month later...