LaunchBox Community Forums

Favorites Playlist: Can It Be Put In Platforms Listing?

C64Crazy

Yes you can, right click one of your favourites and choose "add to playlist" then "new playlist" In the new window name the playlist you can also add a sort title here, I added 001 to the beginning of mine so that it shows first in the list but that's optional. Then check the "include playlist in platforms" box. Then move to the auto populate tab, check the box then in the first dropdown choose "Favorites" leave the rest of that line "as is" then in the second dropdown choose "Platform" leave "is equal to" and type "Arcade" into the end box, see pics attached. 

This will create a auto populating Favorites playlist, and whenever you add another favorited game it will be automatically added to the playlist.

Screenshot (195).png

Screenshot (196).png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah there is a setting in Launchbox and Bigbox to toggle showing broken games, I'm just not sure if that also works in Playlists or just the Platforms.

I was not sure either so I just tested. It does work. If you mark a game as broken from a platform the game will still show in the playlist as long as you have the "Show Broken" checked in settings.  

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, bman83 said:

Is there a way to add games to favorites from bigbox front end using joystick/arcade controls? Pressing "left arrow" displays star icon, search and a-z lettter.

Yes. If you have the setting for "skip games detail screen" unchecked this will bring up the game detail screen where you click on a game. In that screen is the option to add favorite a game or to add to a playlist. 

Or you can map a  button so "show games detail screen and when you highlight a game and hit that button it will bring up the same screen. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

Hello, I would like to make sure, I made Favorite as @neil9000 and Retro808 wrote
Thank you very much🤩

I use the Platform Category option and I probably won't change this option to another one hmm (yes I know, never say never ) hehe

I was thinking about 4 solutions, but I don't know how to do them properly:

1. I was thinking about making one Favorite Circle on the main page
in Platforms, but I noticed that after adding a large number of games it becomes quite a mess and a long search :(
I understand that  can't sort them somehow and mark them for a given platform?

2. I also thought that it might be better to do in each wheel, e.g. Wii, gamecube, etc., the smallest mess and search, but after doing this and entering a given wheel, only the favorite icon is displayed without other games (what am I doing wrong) ?

3. As in Pt 2, except Favorite only on a given Platform, i.e.:
Arcade,Favorite
Console Favorite etc., i.e. they save favorites only from given platforms, but the downside is the mess and the search takes longer, but less than in Pt:1 :D

4. The most probably absurd idea to do is to combine as in Pt: 1-2
That is:
- In the main Favorite platform circle with all the games I have added and in a given circle, the question is whether this is possible, and if so, will the added games add well and there will be no other problems?