LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher and Mame

latin625

Hi, 

I recently has started taking another jab at RL and got it setup and running via various video tutorials. 

My new problem now is that when it launches MAME 1.77 it just shows a black MAME screen that says "loading game 0%" and it stays like that.  When I press ESC, it doesnt close the window and I have to hit the taskmanager to close the MAME 1.77 by force.

These are very small roms files and disable 7z and rom checking in RL, but the game will not load.  Outside of RL and only using LB, i have no issues.

I want to use RL because i have been told that this is how to handle Marquees, Bezels and even U360 joystick settings much easier, instead of going through my massive library and doing each game one at a time.

help?

Thanks!!!!

Hmm, I know what it means, but that error makes no sense in context with MAME specifically. That ahk library is used across other emulator modules as well.

Are you using the latest RocketLauncher code? Have you tried forcing an update so you are assured the RocketLauncher files are all correct?

• Like 1

Hey Dragon!  So i took your comment as a sign that things may be screwed up in the settings and the version of RL to begin with.  Downloaded a fresh version, installed and BOOM!  It worked no issues with MAME. 

Thanks man.  Gonna load up the systems and then work on seeing if someof my other issues have cleard up too, like the scanlines and full screen on Daphne.  Thanks again!

Excellent! I'm glad you got it working. Odd errors like that almost always point to corruption of a file, or two. If nothing comes to mind as to how this happened, you may want to keep a check in the Event Viewer of Windows for disk related errors. You may have a hard drive getting ready to die.

• Thanks 1