LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing all MAME games regardless of duplication and prioritizing country possible?

cleverest

I imported the entire 0.192 set choosing all import it all, excluding some check mark items only...mechanical games, fruit games, etc...and many of my titles default to brazel or other countries...this is a bummer....can it be set up to give priority to NORTH AMERICA like the other import option does, but also import all clones?

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 9:16 AM, cleverest said:

I imported the entire 0.192 set choosing all import it all, excluding some check mark items only...mechanical games, fruit games, etc...and many of my titles default to brazel or other countries...this is a bummer....can it be set up to give priority to NORTH AMERICA like the other import option does, but also import all clones?

Thanks.

I encounter this problem as well and it's pretty frustrating.

Launchbox already supports launching an Arcade game with different emulators with it's launch with option.

5a4da511d4e57_launchwith.thumb.jpg.f939600228fdeed9c23e7e67a126add6.jpg

Maybe @Jason Carr can add a launch clone option where I get an entire clone listing which would give complete control over what is launched.

On 03/01/2018 at 12:20 PM, cleverest said:

Pofo, thanks but that isn't what I wanted...I WANT the clones...I just don't want the wrong one to be chosen as the DEFAULT ROM in the listing afterwards...for example I think it's alphabetical now and it has chosen HISPANIC roms over US / JAPANESE titles...

SNAG-1584.thumb.png.069e62beca95289bdc719033b275be2d.png

1 hour ago, cleverest said:

Yeah, but that process takes way too long when you have hundreds or thousands of games to fix...hopefully they give us a faster way eventually...like Jason said, maybe it can be a voted item next.

Agreed. The clones should be automatically added during the import process in the way or similar way that Cauptian showed and then they can be hidden away in a sub-menu like my launch with example.

This way the people that just import parents only and are fine with just launching those games don't even have to look at clones because they're hidden away in a sub-menu. The people who wish to look at different clone versions and launch them without their wheel getting cluttered can do so with a few extra button presses in the same fashion as choosing a different emulator for said game.

• 1 month later...